New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it

WOW!!! :party:

Noticed that too but dimensions are 44mm wide head just like an L4. It’s possibly the shorter battery tube that makes the head look bigger.

Head looks different because an extra fin has been added. With new pill design probably increases heat transfer.

The pill itself has great improvement already.

1. Comes with square threads.
2. Takes 20mm LED board.
3. Two screws to secure the LED board!
4. Driver retaining ring to hold the driver in place.

I think Convoy has really listened to us. I personally prefer SMO reflector so it is also another big plus to me. After they increase the battery tube length it will be even better.

But strange, the bezel threads look like triangular. Why don’t make them square as well? (I know I am being picky here lol)

From what I see the pill design itself is even better than the current version of XinTD C8. It is a very good flashlight for the price. :beer:

That’s a nice looking pill!

I want one :)

This might actually get me to buy a C8. If I didn’t already have a list. :_(

Why exactly does it need to be long enough for protected cells? Who is going to put a 105c or custom DD driver that doesn’t have low-volt warning in the driver slot?

Warning is not protection. If you're using flashlights for house illumination during a blackout in several rooms you may not see a warning, or you may fall asleep with the light on. Low voltage warning is largely meaningless unless you walking around with a flashlight in your hand.

Do we get a BLF discount?

The square threads where they matter are nice to see, standard threads on the bezel don’t really mean much as it’s not a critical junction or a high use area. It’d be nice to see that large pill in brass or copper though.

All the open-source firmware versions I know of will turn the light completely off after giving you ample warnings and ramping down to minimum. I think most of the stock 105C firmwares do the same thing. You can test a driver's low voltage behavior by dropping in a used CR123+spacer.

+1 Dale - as much mass as possible for that pill - brass would be nice for reflowing the MCPCB to. Hoping the pill top is more than 2-3 mm's.

+1 comfy - thinking even luxdrv eventually cuts off the power below a threshold, even after all the drops to preserve power -- not sure, but think so.

What if there's no firmware?

http://intl-outdoor.com/amc71358-1mode-circuit-board-nanjg-105c-p-643.html

Then don't use that (or any MCU-less) driver. You do know firmware can be edited to give just one 100% mode and still keep the other behind-the-scenes features, right?

Seems like a lot of twisting and turning just to find a reason to justify using protected cells in single cell lights.

Sure, just playing Devil's advocate. And making conversation, of course.

Is this the same?
New Convoy C8

If so, how many lumens +o- for stock version?

I ordered one just for the heck of it. If it only takes flat-top batteries then so be it.
I think I still have a couple of them lying around…

Manx asked if Banggood Convoy C8 AK47 SKU 106113 is the same as aliexpress Product ID: 826040641.

BangGood pictures are now the same as aliexpress.

Months ago, the three I bought from BangGood were just like FastTech, except FastTech were XM-L and Banggood were XM-L2. All were great quality.

These new ones show some build improvements, but stock performance appears the same.

The threads the pill screws into are they anodized or aluminum?
Straight aluminum is better for heat transfer

I think black anodizing is better for heat transfer. Probably not much but it is. Also prevents oxidation, although I would want them bare in this case for a bit of extra ground from the pill.