New L2

I though mine might have missed the deburring process. I guess they're all the same.

Yep, the tailcap is overkill. There´s a gap even after clip.

Gap can be seen better in this pic.

The original cap fits fine, which I like very much. Basic L2 had annoying space between them.

Although this S8 cap is HUGE, it´s not all bad... Offers good grip for cigar-hold and is forward clikcy. Suits well for quick backyard look. Tailstands more firmly than headstands with this :D

As Foy said in his review, I think I will try next S9 to get it right. Also, might consider taking one lanyard ring an see, if it offers more grip.

To be short: best Solarforce yet.

Definitely better matching on the L2T compared to the L2. Those are machining grooves on the L2 and even the diamond hatching on the L2T looks cleaner to my eyes. I just ordered an L2T earlier today and can't wait to get it. It's my first SF light. How long does it normally take to get stuff from SF Sales?

It takes 2-3 weeks. You will get the tracking number tomorrow or in 2 days.

The 3 orders I got from them so far took around 10 days. I'm in New York That said, I should have my L2 by tomorrow..

Earlier in the year, turnaround time for my Solarforce orders would average a couple of weeks and one time it was nearly a month. This last order that included the L2T/L2P "twins" got to me in 10 days. Hope that keeps up because I got one on the way I'm real excited about.

gettingbetterFoy

I got my L2 today, 11 days after I put my order in. It's much nicer than the original! I got the B3 stainless bezel and the tail stand switch which matches the L2 body perfectly..

I gotta say; dang near any shiny bezel looks killer on the new L2. The L2P used to be a lot better than an L2 but now, it's harder to justify the extra $5.

Foy's solution:

ordertwoofeachFoy

Will that be 3 amps if ordered as a finished light with emitter ?

I ordered a new l2m..can't wait! I have a 1.7a driven xp-g that will drop-in there nicely in shorty mode..

Excellent choice, I use almost the same quite often with 18350 and XM-L 1,4A.

yeah I may grab some 18350's just for this light..you run the trustfire new flames for 7$ for 2 off manafont?

Yes it is a sweet little light with the Solarforce 3 mode XP-G. I measure 1.54 amps with a fully charged 1200ma Ultrafire 18350.

mines a solarforce drop in but the driver was replaced with a nanjg 2800 mah with 3 1735's pulled off..really bright light..the drop-in I bought before they started putting better drivers in them and only pulled 1a in stock form..the extra 700mah makes it a great drop-in..

I use the Ultrafire 18350. No problem up to date. Yet not too many cycles to brag about either.

5.80$ from DX, didn´t know Manafont has those. Any reviews on those?

e: I could test capacity on UF 18350, can´t remember doing so.

yeah there is

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4241

I just got a pair of orange Ultrafire 1200ma 18350's the other day. Not sure how they compare to the flames. So far they work really nice in the L2m.

Thanks for linking.

Seems like UF´s are not that bad in capacity but can´t give as much amperage. Well, I draw only 1,4A mostly so they are fine for that...

yeah I think i'll save the 2 bucks and get the orange ones that you guys run..seem to have more capacity..

edit: but then again the trusties are protected..hmm with short runtime the shut off would likely save a cell or 2..

Hate to ask the Novice question - but what is the difference between a forward and reverse clicky?

Bonus Question- will these lights stock from Solarforce with XM-L factory installed pull a full 3 amps with a 18650 and (as Nicola Tesla would say) kick ass in high mode ?