New Mr.Lite AA = J4 now @ Lightake.com

This flashlight can use 14500 battery.

We have received the new J4 sliver one from Mrlite company , and will ship one to Old4570 do a detail review tomorrow,and i also took some photo by myself !

Just get the notcie from The mrlite company ,the black one was temporarily out of stock,so if you ordered this light , it might need about a week when we shipped the order. the sliver in stock now .

If you want a customized mode , you must sent me an email( Daniel@lightake.com) contain which mode you want ,and your order number ,and i usually will reply you within one day.if you didn't sent me an email we won't sent the customized mode to you .

The MX4 and J4 are the same style , only use different battery.so you no need warry about the J4 can't work with AA battery .

This light was customized with 4 mode: high ,mid ,low,very low .

Will do a video this night !

OK, this light is looking really, really good. I just talked to Richard @ Mrlite, who is actually the designer of the J4. (Pretty cool eh?) He showed me the light over his webcam...

They got the modes worked out to our liking, including the 1 or 2 lumen moonlight mode. He says they measured the draw on the lowest mode and it's only 4ma, which he says should give at least 150 hours of runtime!!! In fact, according to my calculations, a 2000mah Eneloop should run for (2000 ÷ 4 = 500) hours, or more than 20 days! I forgot to ask him if the light is PWM controlled or not. The good news for all of us is that the driver accepts AA, unprotected 14500, or protected 14500 batteries. This is news to me; I thought we would have to choose between AA or 14500. The lens acronym that I couldn't remember was simply AR. The beamshots look good:

Highest Mode:

Medium Mode:

Low Mode:

Moonlight Mode:

I have my fingers on the PayPal trigger...

ooooo :D i am very excited, that 4 mode sounds absolutely perfect! pay pal ready to fire at will hehehe.

Looks really good! I'm very happy that it could run on 14500 and we can customize the modes. Sweet.

Newbie questions: Can we customize the modes ourselves by programming the light like an AKOray K106? Or do we have to get it done before it's shipped to us? How do you get moonlight mode?

Thanks in advance.

I‘m afraid you should custmoize the modes before shipped.
We turned down the currenty of circuit. For moonlight mode, the currenty is only 4ma

and the four mode would be :

Mode#1 lowest 1.5lumens
Mode#2 low 80lumens
Mode#3mid 145lumens
Mode#4high 180lumens

Can we customize the order in which the light changes? For example, turn on high->med->low?

Well I got one of the last black ones according to Daniel. It's going to be stock because I ordered it before I knew I could have custom modes. Oh well. I just have to figure out how to use the "2 modes with 9 types of output".

I really want moonlight mode.

Ey! One moment

Those lumens specifications are on AA... yes or not?

With 14500 I beleive it will be more... can confirm MrLite?

SO. If this light can use 14500, probably will be one of the bests options, despite its xr-e R2 LED.

Another thing: the photos of the Silver one.... It uses TIR optic?

The customize mode is

Mode#1 lowest 1.5lumens
Mode#2 low 80lumens
Mode#3mid 145lumens
Mode#4high 180lumens

When you trun on the light ,first mode it very low ,then low ,mid ,high .

@fran82, yeah ,these lumens specifications are on AA,it will be more bright when use 14500 battery .

I'm not sure what does it mean "It uses TIR optic?"

OK TIR means Total Internal Reflection. But for me, it is difficult to explain in english.

A photo is more than 1000 words. Look this flashlight:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31730

That flashlight uses a TIR optic, you see the BIG dot in the center of the lens? that is a TIR optic, which allows to concentrate the beam and throw farther...

It certainly looks like a TIR to me (Collimating lens).

The few I have give a very large hotspot and little to no spill. The hotspot also tends to be very circular - much more so than most reflectors, you can see this in the pics from MrLite.

Sorry,I'm still don't know ,and i have asked the manufacturer ,they also can't understand what you mean !really sorry for that!

plese wait Old4570 write a detail review , maybe he can anwer you .

Daniel

Yep , is TIR optic ... Just got a CR123A with TIR optic today in the post , looks like a nice beam [ Lanshi LS-A2 ] ,

I also have a SSC P4 with a TIR optic , again very nice beam ...

This is a TIR optic

Those modes need to be spaced out more. Best would be 180/60/20 (33%/10% pwm), which is nicely space. You want useful modes, and 145 is barely lower than 180 since human eye meansures logrithmically.

Also, can MrLight control for their emitter bin/tint and use WH/WG tints (~5000K) instead of WC (usually mean 7000K+ when from china)? Every person here who's gotten lights with these slightly warmer tints have loved them. On lithiums, 8000K is common with WC+ tints, and casts a terrible specular shade on everything, and also rather useless if there's any moisture in the air since it turns a slight fog completely white.

--

TIR because it's plastic lens can take on complex forms resulting in almost any type of beam you want, depending on how sophisticated your design is. :)

I just took a look at some TIR-optics at led-tech.de they are available in many beam angles. Wouldn't it be cool if we also could order custom beam angle? But maybe I'm asking for a bit too much.

Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10199 for Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1255 13° 1,95 €
Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10200 for Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1256 16° 1,95 €
Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10201 for Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1257 23° 1,95 €
Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10202 for Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1258 35,6° 1,95 €
Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10203 for Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1259 39x16° 1,95 €
Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10204 for Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1260 16x39° 1,95 €
Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10210 for Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1261 25° 1,95 €
Carclo 20mm Plugin Lense 10211 für Cree XR/XR-E/XR-C LT-1262 47,9° 1,95 €

Some of them are milky and some of them are clear, BTW.

If the head isn't glued - and that's a deal breaker for me, gluing it so it can't be disassembled - then it'd be easy to swap out the optics though most of those are quite wide angled.