New ReyLight LAN available soon

A line on the tube. hmmm. That’s what I’m worried about too. The new clip was molded in a different angle, it won’t shift a lot when removing the tail cap. However, we suggest to adding a paper of cloth between the clip and body if you want to remove or when installing the clip.

I actually did that, put a piece of tape under the clip as I was installing the tailcap. Some people rubber coat/cover the ends of their clips which also works but I feel it makes the end too grabby as I slide on and off. I think every light maker face the same issue.

Would “keying” the clip (putting a slit/notch in the switch threads to hold it in place) work?

It’s just a minor tweak if possible, it’s fine as is too :+1:

Sorry my English is too bad to understand this. But I have a pen that has a slit in the cap. It can hold the clip in place, but it still makes the sractch to the tube.

Oh well, I guess keeping the clip from moving won’t work.

Then perhaps it still might be better to consider a pattern or line that will blend in with the rubbing mark or a perhaps groove that won’t rub against the clip.

Perhaps a longer clip with the contact point at the groove?

Again, most flashlight makers stuggle (or live) with this issue. I realize there’s also the matter of users that use/add their own clip which many sit differently, just :thinking: