New thrunite: the TI3, similar to an olight i3s

“Here’s your sign.”

:smiley:

LOL

You could give it to your attacker and he'd be so impressed he'd forget about beating you senseless .

I like the improvements over the Ti2. It can tail stand, it has a reversible side clip, has more modes including Moon, higher high, etc. Now we need to GB for this one for $ 12 bucks a piece. :slight_smile:
All it needs is a Nichis 219

Is there anywhere with a great price on the Ti3 right now? I have the original ThruNite Ti and I’m thinking about upgrading.

i think no one tried the ti3 with a 10440 battery. i did’t know why.
i read others keychain flashlight that CAN NOT be used with a li-ion officially….but seems all person use them with li-ion. so… what’s the difference with this ti3?

at the moment i am waiting for my i3s, but i received a lumintop tool last version xp-g2 and with efest 10440 outputs 300 REAL lumens . it’s equally bright as med setting (rated 280lumens) on thrunite tn12 2014.

Thrunite says max 3v, which some read as no 10440. Until many people are using them as is in the i3s Olight with no problems, I don’t see rolling the dice to see if it works or buying one of the Ti3 unless you are a non 10440 user.

I ended up buying two of these, I were that impressed with the first one. :slight_smile:

I’ll only ever use them on normal AAA batteries, still impressed with the max output that they put out, the lowest mode is just right to me, enough to see around my house without waking others up.

Good Day Earthman,

Welcome to BLF.

Best Regards,

George

any pics? comparison pics even?

Good day to everyone, especially to those who are ‘down under’. :slight_smile:

Here’s a picture of my two against my old Mag Solitare. Both of mine have the cool white LED, that’s just what I prefer in a torch, no point in me even trying to do beam shots etc, my cheap basic camera wouldn’t show it. :smiley:

I have mine on lithium primary - Energizer Ultimate lithium - don’t know if it qualifies as “normal” but I’m happy with performance

Just ordered the Thrunite Ti3 off Amazon for $19.95. I was very impressed with the video demonstration/review I saw. I particularly like that you can reverse the clip to put on the bill of a hat. This will come in quite handy when I’m out deep woods camping. I also like the clip for the pocket as well as I’d put this on the same keychain as my SAK. So it would ‘hold’ it all in place in the pocket.

In regards to using a non-rechargeable li-ion or a 10440, I understand this would make it much brighter. Two thoughts come to mind; will the run time be noticeably affected (as in will it run a lot longer on the different modes), and will this eventually harm the light in anyway?

Looking forward to getting it and testing it out. I have a Maglite Solitare LED on my SAK keychain now that I’ll pass on to my son once I get this light. And I’ve been impressed with the ML Solitare LED at 37 lumens from this size package.

Edit to add: Can or should you use a 10440 in a ML Solitare LED?

I’ve been doing battery testing with the Maglite AA mini-mag, Sipik SK68 and my new Ti3. I bought new Efest 10440 to try and yes, it does make it significantly brighter than AA. However, I was doing some testing with it using the Efest 10440 alongside a Sipik test I’m conducting today. It turned itself off within 5 minutes (or less) and became too hot to handle. Literally I could not hold the light and I was worried that it damaged the light. I let it cool off and then I put in a regular alkaline and it worked fine. From now on I’m going to use the Eneloop AAA’s in it. It isn’t as bright at the 10440 of course, but really for this size light it is still quite bright. I ran it for over 5 minutes and it was slightly warm but nothing much and certainly not even close to the heat of the 10440.

I’d rather have the light last longer, and perhaps be more reliable in the long run rather than have a bit extra brightness.

Go for the series:

Thrunite Ti, aluminum, Cree XP-E R4

Thrunite Ti, Titanium Cree XP-L V4 LED

http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-ti-limited-christmas-edition/

Thrunite Ti2, aluminum, single mode, CREE XP-G2 LED

http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-ti2-v2-80-lumens-cree-xp-g2-led-aaa-flashlight/

Thrunite Ti3, aluminum, Cree XP-G2 R5 LED, CW or NW

http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-ti3/

Thrunite TiS, stainless steel, Cree XP-G2 LED, CW or NW

http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tis/

Using the 10440 must have damaged the Ti3 :_(

Using an Eneloop in it and the FF mode isn’t turning on all the time, and sometimes it will be on in FF mode and then just shut off. The higher modes are starting to flicker as well. I’m returning it.

I was impressed with my son’s Fenix E05 so I ordered myself one to replace the Ti3. And I’ll use nothing but the Eneloop’s in it.

Seems kind of dishonest, voiding the warranty and then wanting to return it? Odd to me.

Not at all. Multiple reviews state that it can use 10440 without issue, others have used 10440 without issue and I’ve seen no restriction listed against using one. And it worked all last week with the same battery. My assumption is that it caused a problem, but it is just an assumption. Could be the twisty connections are the problem. The LED still works but sometimes it doesn’t do what it was doing last week as far as cycling through the modes and it sometimes flickers on medium and high. And sometimes it cycles and works just fine. Sometimes it shuts itself off and sometimes it doesn’t. At any rate, I don’t feel it is reliable at this point. Worked fine last week with the same battery and nothing else changed except today it’s having the issues I mentioned. Total run time was maybe 10 minutes if you add it all up over the last week and a half.

Input voltage range is listed as 0.9 to 3.0. For whatever that’s worth to you.