New thrunite: the TI3, similar to an olight i3s

Sorry yours fried and/or mine was one of those reviews. I still mostly run a 10440 in mine without issue. If I didn’t use it every day, then I’d send it to you.

No worries :slight_smile:

Like I said, it is only an assumption on my part and it may not have anything to do with the issues it’s having. Worked last week with the same battery, today it didn’t. May well have started having issues regardless of the battery.

I’ve got a Fenix E05 ordered from the same place I got my son’s E05. And the E05 is a very nice little light. I’m sure that I’ll be quite happy with it. I’ve noted that it is strictly 1.5V on the website so I’ll make sure I use the Eneloops I just purchased. I also ordered a Tank007 E09 as well last week. It hasn’t arrived yet but I’ll stick with Eneloops in this one as well.

anyway i can buy the old tis single mode?

Sorry to hear that, I’ve never even held a 10440 battery so wouldn’t know if it’s down to that, all I can say is that I have used one of my Ti3’s on AAA batteries every working day for a good few weeks now, no problems so far. I normally use only for about 5 minutes each time, have used for longer on ‘high’ and yes, it does get a bit on the warm side.

I’m about to give the Ti3 as a gift. Am going to include Energizer Ultimate Lithium. Have you had any issues? Thanks.

I wouldn’t have thought so, I’ve been using the alkaline Energizers in mine, no problems at all,….with normal use I bet a Lithium battery would last a year at least. LOL

The Lithium primary lasted 6 months in mine before it finally quit having the ‘high’ mode. No problems whatsoever and honestly if you aren’t using NiMH those batteries are what you should be using.

Yes, she should use NiMH but she wouldn’t know how and lives half way across the country. Lithium primary will last and can stay in her car kit.

For those that have the ti3 NW as i do, which tint bin do you guess it has? I think it’s my favourite temp and tint among my flashlights so I want to buy some mpre leds of the same tint :slight_smile: (it would be better to compare it with other flashlights that also have no AR glass)