New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

The 50.2 will want more current than this driver gives stock, it’s really only impressive when pushed hard… like 18-20A hard!

Driver spring is short and copper but tail is ripe for bypass if you use 50.2, do it!

Mine finally arrived. Love the overall feel and colour of the anodising. As mentioned, it has a very chunky battery tube for an 18650. The feel is great though and I’m not complaining, just an observation.

Package got gutted at customs but looks like the light survived unscathed.

You would think since they open boxes all day they would pick a more efficient way :person_facepalming:

That’s the effect not giving a da causes. Maybe when you open boxes all day you’re bored out of your mind and reality, one’s sense of common decency, goes to the wayside.

Jacky is sending me a couple of these anodized lights to review, both in XP-L HI and SST-40…. I’ll do the full gamut on em and get measurements of all the components and such, as well as output and consumption readings. Looking forward to it. Talking to Jacky about the possibility of him doing a run in the 3V 50.2…

Docc? Hope you’re OK, been a while since we’ve seen ya and some of us are a bit worried.

Or, it is the result of the seller just putting the normal box (not designed to take shipping forces) in a bag and shipping it with no additional padding/protection.
Mine came in a bag and the box was bruised but not torn.
I like the flashlight but would pay and extra dollar for better shipping prep.

I hear ya Muto, really I do, but the pile of boxes I have in the closet doesn’t do anything for me at all regardless of their condition. :wink: The light gets here intact and working, without new fingerprints inside the lens or on the reflector from some idjit taking it apart just because he has authority to do so, I’m happy. Usually doesn’t really matter much as I mod virtually all of them these days anyway…

Right on about the boxes in the closet, cabinets etc.!

Guess my logic is that if a certain flashlight needs an o-ring, the box it came in will have the right size :slight_smile:
Do really need to go though the boxes again and weed out a bunch.
That is good rainy day work so it can wait.

I really do not care if the box itself is scrunched, it’s the marks that sometimes do get caused by a flashlight bouncing 3478 times on its trip halfway around the Earth
that bother me.

Later

Ah yes, I recently received a polished brass beauty that showed those 3478 marks….

In their defence, the only “packaging” the box came in was reams of yellow tape which, to them, would’ve been a royal PITA to remove.

Looking forward to it. Could you chase him about 21700 tubes? :innocent:

Well, I would have to have a 3V 50.2 if they do one.
And yes, Docc, hope all is well. Give us a shout.

Docc’s been out almost 2 weeks. Y’all know he worked this up on a lap top while in the hospital… if he could be here he would… got a bad vibe about this one. Hope this is another case where I’m wrong. Prayers out for you and yours Docc…

I also tried to reach Docc on Skype and TLF - without any success. He's not shown up there either ever since.

I really hope he's gonna come back soon but I got a real bad feeling about his absence, too. :-(

Everyone was worried about Self-Built for a long time and suddenly he showed back up on CPF selling his light collection so we know all is well with him. Hope Docc is just taking a long break to recover.

Docc is currently doing fine. Just has a lot of things to do.

Good news.

:+1: :beer:

I got the sample lights in a little while ago… my memory, ugh! I remember that the UI is Flintrock’s Bistro, but I don’t remember how to set the mode groups and I can’t seem to find it here. Looking, but it’s time better spent doing the review, ya know?

I get 3 mode levels as it stands, want to shift it to 7 modes or 5 modes to be sure the Turbo is working properly. When I do the 16 clicks to configuration it blinks quickly and whether I touch it during that phase or not it still has 3 mode levels. Can’t remember for the life of me what to do to change it…

Edit: Got it, dang muggle mode… ugh!

Any tips on getting the tail cap retaining ring loose? I tried putting it in the freezer; no luck. I don’t have a heat gun but could get one if that’s the ticket.

Any ideas?