New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

Why do you want to do it?

It is not glued, it’s just screwed in hard. On mine, I was able to remove it with bare hands but it was difficult. You could try to press it on a rubber mat and turn or grab the bezel with a piece of rubber. The bezel is small and sharp and thus hard to turn.

Sorry to go off topic but what does putting it in the freezer do?

I think this is about the tailcap, not the bezel. Mine came loose with needlenose pliers (I have one that I sanded the tips more pointy to fit in small holes), fairly easily, sounds like you have less luck.

@djozz—My retaining ring pliers just couldn’t get enough purchase. I’ll try it your way when I get a chance. Thanks.

@mitsuki08—I’ve read freezing can help as the aluminum contracts slightly. Didn’t work for me.

@Skylight—Thanks. Yeah, I had no problem getting the bezel off.

@cabfrank—I put in a 50.2 emitter and want to bypass the tail spring.

You are right. Sorry, didn’t read accurately. :person_facepalming: :zipper_mouth_face:

Candor, you could carefully put your tailcap in a vise and try to unscrew the retaining ring with a small crosstip screwdriver in each hand. But be warned, you will most likely scratch your retaining ring with this method. :smiling_imp:

Can anyone confirm that the retaining ring is not reverse threaded like in the Convoy S2+ and C8+? Because then more force would be useless.

The tail cap retaining ring is put in extremely tight. I used a small jewelers screwdriver at an acute angle in one of the holes and whacked it til it gave up. I’ve had a couple that would surrender to brute force but that last one had to be beat on…

A green scotchbrite pad from painting sector of hardware store was good enough to take down the rough spots on the bare AL tube I got. You can still see some burs under a macro lens or looking very closely but none stick up so you cant feel any of them afterward. Mission accomplished, feels better in hand.

Quick question, I just got the D90V2 and I’m wondering if it’s any good as a weapon light for an AR, any thoughts?

Thx!

One way to find out. From what I know of the construction it should withstand the recoil without problem

Iam trying to figure out if I have the light on five modes does it have turbo?

If you’re confident doing so you can add potting compound to the board: one brand here

It depends on which 5 mode group. For example group 5 and group 15 yes, group 14 no.

There’s also options which function as 5 mode but are really 4+moon and those can be the same as above.

Confused yet? Just set it to group 5 with moonlight off and you’ll have a 5-mode light with turbo in the main sequence.

I think right now I have it set at mode group 4 which is 5 modes with moonlight. this Is the most confusing ui that i have seen.

Fixed that for ya.

Group 4 is 4 mode but you have moonlight enabled (a stand alone option) so it functions as 5 mode. Either way, yes turbo is in the main sequence.

I am very inexperienced doing mods but I was curious if there would be any possibility of doing a lighted switch for the D80V2? I love mine, just want to jazz it up a bit.

you may look into my lighted tail boards

atm in lack of a sample I can make no decision if one of my board sizes fit or not replacing the washer

technically it’s no problem to add a bleeder resistor to a Bistro HD OTSM driver, the timing will always work for short and medium presses

That would be a great addition to a great light.

The lighted tail is a nice idea, I will have a go too. Not straightforward is that the tail cover is 12mm instead of the common 14mm or 16mm, and I have not found a clear one anywhere. I did find orange on aliexpress and that works nice at least with red tail leds.