Nitecore EA4 4AA 860 XML Flashlight with Free Worldwide Shipping! (Under 60 USD, Shipped!)

Ordered one for my dad for Christmas and it came today. I had to, ahem, open it and put batteries in it just to, you know, make sure it works. The CW doesn’t look blue at all. I’ll be ordering another for myself. I think it has officially turned the corner from hobby to sickness.

got it today.. 3 days wait.. i wish all the flashlights company were this fast :D

it certainly the brightest and the most portable AA flashlight out there.

wouldn't mind recommend this flashlight to anyone who need a bright AA flashlight

The cool white is an XM-L U2. I emailed Hank Wang at IOS and he told me the neutral is an XM-L T6 3c, which is a pretty common tint in neutral lights.

ok… mine is def neutral white and is comparable to other t6 3cs I have… great light :slight_smile:

the absence of a moonlight is not a dealbreaker for me as i edc a keychain light with a ~10 lumen mode.

right after tk-4o and tk-41.Looking forward to it.

Mine got in today. Compared to the Fenix LD41, the EA4 is definitely more neutral (LD41 was bluish). Real nice and compact, feels and looks smaller in hand than in pictures, which was a surprise to me (looked bigger in youtube vids). Bout the diameter of red bull energy drink cans only shorter. Definitely not as warm as my sunwayman M11R NW. Minus the purple corona around the hotspot, the EA4's NW tint is about as warm compared to the Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-2. Sorry no pics.

comments on /description of UI?

This EA4 is the first of this kind in my collection with a side switch camera style switch. It takes getting used to. Will have to keep playing some more but interesting to say the least yet has the tactical momentary action to the operation. The only con or potential issue is the light turning on unwanted due to the slightly raised switch button and a little too sensitive to touch.

exactly why i haven’t ordered - yet

It has lockout feature. It can only exit lockout mode with button pressed all the way down for 1s.
The chances of activating the light accidentally is low. Also, it has low voltage protection, it won’t kill your batteries or cause hazard even accidentally switched on for long hours.
But I don’t have the light yet, can someone confirm this?

hold it for 1s, but is it all the way or just partway pressed on button?
Thanks.

Well I certainly wasn’t planning on buying a new light today…then I stumbled upon the “deals” section of the forum…and then a new AA light (my favorite format since I have so many Eneloops)…and then I bought it!

Now I can’t wait to get it! Thanks to BLF and CPF I’ve order three lights, and some more batteries, and a charger in the last 2 weeks totaling ~$200. You guys suck. And I love you for it.

And…Welcome to BLF.

+1 :bigsmile:

Wife just ordered it for me for Christmas, can’t wait! :smiley:

I ordered the CW version last night and got a shipping notice early this morning. Tracking # still not working yet. About how long should it take to get from CA to Long Island NY?

He uses First class mail, mine took 3 days to Pa.

Hmm…

I’m suspecting you’d take a spanking on import tax and vat at that price, otherwise I’d be seriously tempted.

got my EA4 today ! preety little light that almost beats my bc40 . the ui is a bit complicated and will require some gettting used to for me. the reflector is the shinest smooth iv seen in any of my lights

the image hosting site i used previously dsnt seem safe :frowning:
sorry fellas!!!