NiteCore EA8 & EA8W

Oh ok. Mine never puffed up before. BTW, I only use Eneloops.. I would think it's due to crappy cells or over charging

I've run mine to where it was a bit uncomfortable to touch, but never to completely overheating it. Never had any kind of issues with it yet.

I have used regular alkalines with it, eneloops, maxell and duracell nimhs. Performance seems to be a tad better on the eneloops, but it worked fine with all types.

Test runs were about 15-25 minutes at a time.

The issue with the rubber button will be if it dries out, or freezes imo. Which given time, I expect it will, but it will not be soon.

ive only used energizer lithium primaries in mine. still on the first set… and ive used it quite a bit

For me: The nitecore’s head feels more solid then fenix.(maybe its just me or my fingers), i prefer the grip on the nightcore more as there is the err…“cut” tat look like a ditch on the body.

Throw wise i still have not test it out in a open dark place yet. Brightness seems to be quite close.
When shining on walls, both will show a concentrated ” brighter” spot then the flooder i have. But if want near field brighter, still is J12/J18/X100/Ak47 those will win.

Can’t really compare between the 2 lights, i guess it boils down to personal preference.However, both the rubber on both lights to press “On & Mode” seems thin?

Make it three, just couldn’t bear to watch those poisonous pictures of EA4 & EA8… especially beside a TK41 :weary: that is not helping…

greghutch, this is not helping…. I’ve always wanted a blue L2P….

You have two Blue L2P, EA4 & EA8…. no please don’t :Sp