Nitecore Tube Keychain Light 45lm

I don’t really care for the light, but curious about the LED. What 5mm LED make 45 lumens?

One site stated it as XP-G R5. Not sure how true is that claim.

Anyone do a review on this yet?

Interesting little light

It reminds me of Batman’s Tumbler by some reason, and I must say I quite like it! I would appreciate a sleeker version, though. It would probably make it a tad slimmer.

First in the world Nitecore TUBE pre-review :slight_smile:

http://www.swiatelka.pl/viewtopic.php?p=161072#161072

Mine arrived yesterday, the clear body version. A quite sizable custom rectangular battery is visible inside. IMO output is too cold and overall maximum output is similar to the old rechargeable LRI Rex light though the Rex Lux level at maximum is visibly much higher. The Rex is much warmer and has more of a hot spot than the Nitecore but is also considerably larger overall. I prefer the Rex but it is now discontinued. Also a lot more expensive than the sale price for the Nitecore, about $7 for the Nitecore including shipping but $17 from Amazon for the Rex several years ago.

Based on the Rex LEDs warmer white 5mm LEDs are available and I wish that they were used more in small keychain lights like the other LRI lights and the freebie ones that Battery Junction includes with their orders. The 5mm LED in the Nitecore is about the brightest I have seen but it is way too cool a color, with a obvious bluish tinge when reflected off of a white surface.

The USB charging port is covered by a rubber or flexible plastic plug that I do not expect to last long due to it being attacked by air pollution considering how long the similar cover on my Olight SR90 battery pack lasted.

I’m also a Rex owner; I’ve wished for a long time that LRI would manufacture more of them, but I don’t think that’s ever going to happen.
I replaced the battery in one in an effort to extend it’s life (which isn’t so easy to do); you can’t replace it without doing some damage to the Rex.

I like the Nitecore Tube, yes it’s a little bluer than the Rex, but the Tube is a bit more compact, and its’ micro-USB charger is light-years more robust and easier to use than the Rex’s magnetic clip and wires (you have to attach the wires to a battery to charge the Rex).

I never really minded the Rex’s odd charging system (it wasn’t a bad idea at the time they designed it), but boy is it fiddly about making contact. It’s not a light for the easily frustrated.

Another plus for the Tube… it’s half the price of what the Rex went for.

The Tube starts in low, the Rex starts at High; which is also a bit better; although 40-45 lumens on “high” for the Rex wasn’t blinding in any way.

For my Rex I have the USB charging cradle they made for it. Makes charging much easier than using the magnets and a alkaline battery.

Perfect for my keychain, :stuck_out_tongue:

i like this little flashlight. i order for my dad. 45 lumens are not so bad…… and integrated lithium with microusb is a nice feature

Nitecore T Series $6.99 @Banggood visit there light deals page (non-aff) to active the discount.

Thanks freeme, I ordered me a green one :slight_smile:

Green is nice. I have not decide my colors yet.

Thanks freeme. I ordered a black and a blue for me and my 7 yrs old son.

i ordered a red one for my daughter some days ago…

@ “non aff link”
is the banner ID 8431 in your link affiliated to you? :wink:

I bought one of these lights about a week ago and I’m liking it a lot, very good UI - starts at 1 Lumen with one click, two clicks get you 45 Lumen, press button when in 1 Lumen mode and it ramps from 1 Lumen to 45 Lumen continuously until you take your finger off the button at the desired brightness. Comes with two split rings and the hole for these is sturdy and big enough to feed 550 Paracord through if you prefer.
Only drawback for me is I’d like the on/off button to be a bit more domed or something, it’s a bit too flush for me. A nitpicky point I know and easily solved.

I have a black one on order. Would be great in an international orange/hi-vis solid color.

I’ve got three of these, and can echo others comments - great little keychain light. A lot to be said for a more flat shape than the round keychain light I used to carry - it’s much less noticeable in the pocket. And stupidly light - I count the grams on wild camping gear but having a couple of these along for emergencies and to save the juice in my headtorch, at 9.6g each even I don’t mind the extra weight.

Only thing I’ll say is to avoid the clear one if you’re ever likely to need as much of those 45 lumens as you can get - I used mine whilst wandering through the countryside when my main light died one night, and you get a lot of glare through the clear plastic body which defeats the object slightly when you’re being partially blinded by the light. The darker coloured bodies don’t suffer with this anywhere near as much.

I have 2 of these in clear. My favorite EDC light by far. I love the flatness, lightness, and it's more than bright enough for it's purpose.

Great little light! I have more than I need :bigsmile: