No Internationally shipped Li Ion battery anymore?

D day for me is tomorrow, when the goods should be sent over Singapore post.

I agree.

But I don’t think the packaging is intended to contain an explosion or fire. Rather, the packaging is intended to prevent an external catalyst, such as liquids or sharp objects, from triggering a reaction in the cell.

Packaging for that I can understand. Putting them in a device which can drain them doesnt seem a wise choice. Even though extremely unlikely, I think its more likely that the device could accidentally be turned on and either create enough heat for a fire or overdrain the batteries, or be rubbed by a burr in a cheap flashlight’s tube to create a short in transit than bubble wrap and reasonably good packing would be not sufficient to protect the battery (is someone shooting packages with a nailgun?). Seems kinda backwards. From what I’ve seen, its only batteries IN devices that have caught fire, not loose cells. True, or have I not seen news stories showing packed cells not in a device caught fire?

The only time I felt kind of concerned was on receiving a package of batteries from Wallbuys. They were just loose in between two yellow ipad mini cases.

If having batteries installed in the device is the only way to get them sent over, I would opt for a battery pack to output via USB... at least we'd get some use out of the cases.

Though from a purely logical standpoint, I can't see how the currently used plastic cases are any worse, and IMO they are even better, than having the battery installed in anything.

Is there again some sort of communist party come-together in China or something?
Its then when they usually ban all the lithium batteries and after that allow them to be shipped again!

Anyway, this is what I got from WB on 11.09.2013:

No further update regarding my order status, I really hope that they managed to slip them through customs and get them shipped to me, because I have two A60 sitting at home waiting for fresh 3400 to arrive :D!

Vocalist Fan Doudou sings about her frustrating experience working at China Post lately:

Is what I came in to suggest.
Use both of those together, protects shit getting in and protects shit getting out if something goes wrong.

EDIT: 132 reports since 1991 suggest about 10 incidents a year, with this including other cell chemistries and passenger devices.
Sure, there is a risk, yet are we exaggerating said risk out of paranoia/fear of the unknown ?
We’re getting good at this terrorist game, terrorising ourselves with all and sundry.

I stubbed my big toe while drinking water the other day, perhaps I should petition we ban consumption of water :confused:

That lady is really pissed at china post. :open_mouth:

Hahaha, literally half of what he throws doesn’t even make it on the belt. He would be done so much faster if he actually took the time to set them on the belt.

These batteries contain lithium not faeces.

Colloquial terminology to cover all and sundry !

An unfortunate name for a singer … or is this another colloquialism?

cells that r damaged ’with ptc protection vent with flames (toxic.) damaged cells without ptc protection can explode. no plastic bag or container can stop that explosion. given d standard of some chinese brands, can u blame anyone 4 overacting?

I have a couple of fasttech orders sitting in acceptance… One of them since 9/10.

Oh that’s bad. I feel sorry for you. But don’t worry, I’m sure there are other alternatives.

Alternatives like contact panasonic distributor in your country?

She’s saying why China Post won’t ship Lithium batteries cos they ain’t heavy metal!

Post office says it’s ok to ship batteries if they are installed in the device——I was understood that the battery be installed in the device and not removable, not sure about it.

Wallbuys find the new way to ship batteries, now Batteries Available again.
:heart_eyes:

So whats the “new way”?