ONLY BATTERY ORDERS for YOUR BLF US-BASED BATTERY SUPPLIER

i stepped out for a bit tonight and when i got home there was a PM from him. we are all set more batteries ordered. thanks bob.

PM sent

Hello All from the Phantom!

I’m sorry about “the disappearing act.”

I was backed up by a combination of my responsibilities here and my volunteer job for the disabled and then the Internet Connection went down – not a good combination of circumstances.

By the way, we’re much more likely to check for PMs than to look in on the Welcome2BobsFinest@yahoo.com account. I have about 8 accounts and that one gets short shrift because it’s primarily just a vehicle for PayPal.

It’s clear that I have to consolidate the accounts into a decent mail client but haven’t gotten around to it as yet.

Vectrex tells me there is a good Open Source program for the purpose so I’m going to ask for some advice regarding the best way to set it up.

Best Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob:
Anything back yet on the availability of the 16650 cells? Also what cell is used in the Protected DLG 14500?

DLG is a chinese manufacturer of lithium cells. But there are better cells from other companies, Sanyo for example.

FastTech now carries some.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002357/1210700-as-is-sanyo-ur16650zt-1665017670-2100mah-37v-recha

This is what I do not like about those cells:

I would rather pay a little more for brand new batteries.

I am still waiting to hear about the availability of the Keeppower 18500’s as well as these 16650 protected cells! There are websites that sell them, but you have to buy 100 at a time for a minimum order for each cell.

Are all of these Keeppower cells brand new? Specifically the Sanyo UR18650FM 2600 mAh cells.
I am looking for the thinnest 18650 cells to fit in a Malkoff MD4 host. As of right now, none of my 18650’s will fit in this host.

Battery Diameter, Warranty Issues, New vs. Used

Hi!

You’ve posed two questions. Here are the answers:

1) We are still working on the 16650 and 18500 cells. It’s more a question of meeting the MOQ then anything else.

2) Yes, all of the Keeppower Brand Cells are indeed Brand New – and WE DO PROVIDE A WARRANTY! About the fit for your flashlight, I should explain that we were offered the cells with one or two layers of PVC and (with a little advice from HKJ) decided on a single layer for exactly this reason. Some flashlights have a very narrow tube and others with a battery carrier cannot accommodate larger diameter cells – like those with a double layer of PVC.

Nevertheless, keep in mind that protected cells do have the ribbon wire running up the side from the negative end to the positive end and they have a label as well. That said, if any protected Panasonic Cell will fit, the Keeppower Cells we have will fit. People should be aware that an extremely small number of flashlights will not accommodate ANY protected cell. Those lights must use an unprotected cell with only one layer of PVC.

Best Regards,

KumaBear Bob

PS We have even replaced a couple of cells where it was quite clear that “User Malfunction” was the issue, not the battery.

Thanks Bob. Just for the record. I have some Callies 3100 cells that do not fit, and the newer KP 3400’s do not fit. I also have some older re-wrapped AW 2600 cells that will not fit. Length is not really an issue, just the width.

How about these Sanyo UR18650FM 2600 mAh cells? Are they thinner? Do you have any Malkoff MD2/MD3/MD4 hosts that you can check? The sizing of most all of these newer cells is becoming a fitment issue for hosts.

Solarforce hosts fit the wider KP 3400 cells fine! :smiley:

GOOD to see you’re back here posting Kumabear and thanks for clarifying!

• “Nevertheless, keep in mind that protected cells do have the ribbon wire running up the side from the negative end to the positive end and they have a label as well. That said, if any protected Panasonic Cell will fit, the Keeppower Cells we have will fit. People should be aware that an extremely small number of flashlights will not accommodate ANY protected cell. Those lights must use an unprotected cell with only one layer of PVC.”

We all take cells from old laptops with no worries. Because we check the batteries out before using them ….prior, during, and after. We use common sense and meters. If battery is not up to snuff…discard. Not much difference as to what FastTech is doing.

The reason some of us, myself included, bought the FastTech 16650’s is because of responses such as Kumabears “meeting manufacturers OMQ. Qute simply, they are not easily available period. Must buy in lots of 100 etc etc…

Hi!

I’m afraid I don’t have a Malkoff host that I can experiment with.

I should also mention that the unprotected Sanyo cells have a second layer of PVC in order to add the button top to cells that were originally shipped as flat top. They do not have the ribbon wire or label to add to the diameter but I would guess that the only way they’d fit would be for you to strip off the clear PVC layer and the button top. You’d end up with a flat top cell but the diameter would be reduced.

Perhaps you could take a caliper to the Malkoff host. I would be willing to “sacrifice” a Sanyo and measure it for you.

Best Regards,

KumaBear Bob

Thanks Bob. Let me check a little more on my end here first.

Bob? I hope all is well with you.

Out of the 4 KeepPower 14500 cells I got from Bob, 2 of them don't fit my original Xeno E03, and one doesn't fit my Zebralight SC52. But all 4 fit my updated Xeno E03 XM-L2. Go figure

Wow. Are they too wide, or too long?

too wide

What is the difference between the CGR18650CH 2250 mAh protected and the CGR18650CH 2250 mAh unprotected? Isn’t it the same IMR Hybrid cell??? :~

Pm sent Bob.