Orbira Corporation.....Luxury LED Flasnlights

Welcome to BLF, Orbita! :party:

I don’t think I have seen a light with titanium nitride coating before:

Whilst not to my taste, it is nice to see materials more commonly seen in knife scales used in lights:
http://orbita.com/category/the-collection/flashlights/goldlight/

It would be nice to see some photos of these lights!

I guess the term "budget" could be relative...

yeah, because sometimes you really want to pay 3 - 4 times the value of the Chinese light someone’s selling, purely because they already had it shipped from china to your own country……

Wonder what the OEM is charging to make lights with carbon fibre and thuya burl. It’s not really something you see every day on Aliexpress…

I have no problem with people charging this price for lights. But if you want your product to be taken seriously, and your website is your main portal for sales and product information- please, please, make sure that your website has plenty of nice pictures of the products and NO weird grammar mistakes and spelling errors- especially the last part if you’re an American company catering to an American market.

Because as it stands right now, it looks like a bizarre art project/ scam site for products that may not even be real.

These look like awesome budget lights to me!

Only 395 dollars for what looks like a 1x16340 light of unknown emitter, etc.

My fave is that it can generate a:
High Beam(100 Lumens)
Medium Beam(500 Lumens) Five TIMES better!!
Low Beam(150 Lumens) — Not exactly much of a “low” but still 50% higher than high!
Defense Strobe(1000 Lumens) - Technically a fast strobe has half the lumens of High mode assuming 50% duty cycle.

I take it back… my new favorite is the Gatling Flashlight. Only 155 bucks!
Looks suspiciously like… http://dx.com/p/xg-v3-cree-xp-g-4-mode-350-lumen-white-led-flashlight-with-8x-f5-led-colorful-light-1-18650-55005

GTFO.

So.. Should I read between the lines and assume you guys aren't impressed ? :)

You belong at CPF. :wink:

anyone think the slimline series looks like a lumintop worm?

Just a wee bit.

Orbita is much brighter though, 1000 lumens!!!

it is to be fair an 18650 light, but still seems to be “inspired”…

Joe,

You’re right, the Orbita looks exactly like the DX light you linked to. Which is just a cheap clone of the original Gat-Light. Guess the wood is the $$$$ part…

Have you seen their chargers and batteries? The battery labels look like they are stuck on, but it’s nice to see the wooden handle:

rebadged brc3000 cells? :open_mouth:

Holy crap !

Those look like Ultrafire cells with paper labels !

(edit) Gords beat me to it.

:bigsmile:

Trustfire cells + paper wrapping + wood = expensive firelighter :slight_smile:

it all looks like computer art, no actual flashlight is photographed. An art project?

If someone would like a wood tube around a light, or wood inlayed in a light, send me a PM. I can hand checker, too.

sorry, I don’t do gold plating or titanium nitride.

I’ve only done this to gun stocks, because I don’t have any motivation to do it to flashlights, but it would cost MUCH less than $300 if someone wanted to ‘provide’ the motivation….

Old Lumens once got a rather nice woody… Another Black 1D Mag Mod - Or, hey everybody, I've got a Woodie. It's Finished, beam shots are up