Palight BOSS1 mod - XHP70 - Done - Beam shots are posted 02/25/16

If I choose the XHP70, I will go 2S/2P for the cells. That will require modifying the driver, (which would end up being a modified contact plate, with a driver from RMM piggybacked onto it) and modifying the rear contact plate as well. No matter what, the tail cap will become a lockout switch and a momentary side switch will be installed, for modes.

I’m with FP. ^ :bigsmile:

So it really depends on how much you want to modify. The luminus led can be done fairly easily (for a man of your talent) but the xhp needs quite a bit of work, in which case I agree with flashpilot.

For those that cannot see the images, I was one of you :expressionless:
I played with the links until I got them to show, so here they are :bigsmile:

Cheers David

Thanks. I can see these fine.

Well, pommie, what did you have to do different? Do I need to do every photo that way from now on? This phone/tablet thingy will be the death of us all.

subscribed

Theoretically yes, but that would depend greatly upon the quality of (the coating of) the reflector.
The quality of the Nitecore TM36 reflector is verrry, very good.

Anyway, I would opt for a XHP 35 HI as well.

Grtz
Nico

After trying a few things I noticed the /a in the middle looked a bit off, most systems would not use a single character folder name so I deleted it and it worked :bigsmile:

Cheers David

Edit, I only use my computer for doing any kind of work on the net as I hate touch screens with a vengeance, and yes I have a tablet and a smart phone :~

That is weird, but every time I click it as is, it goes right to the photo. Of course, that is on my PC, I don't use a tablet for internet.

One big reason for not doing a thrower is that I have no facilities to test lux at 15 meters, to focus the led and it's a waste of time just slapping it together without focusing it. Been there, done that way too many times, so probably the XHP70 so I don't really have to worry much about focusing, but still up in the air.

Finally updated this mod. More photos in the bottom of the OP.

I like the wood handle, completely transforms the plain looking handle in stock form.

Thats interesting, SMO reflector and XHP70: waiting inpatiently for the beam shots: do you plan of an ” emitter slice” in order to avoid the cross thing?

Looks very nice, the wood handle is a superb idea! Looks good as it is now, cant wait for the finished results

Nope, I am going to try the sand the dome thing. Actually, I already have. I used 1500 grit paper and wet sanded the dome. Then I used some jewelers polish over top of that, just to make sure the dome is evenly opaque. Time will tell, but I wanted to avoid the stippled reflector. When the reflector is this big, it’s hard to get an even stipple.

Don’t forget to clean that dome! I would hate for it to self-destruct under the power of the FET.

Beautiful handle too!

Right, what about the + issue? I tried that out on L2 and XHP 70 wit not that good result no matter what i did

Finished. Beam shots Palight BOSS1 mod - XHP70 - Done - Beam shots are posted 02/25/16 - #2 by Old-Lumens

That made for a nice floodlight I like it. Build a second one with either XPL-HI or XHP35-HI and you would have both a great flood light and great thrower.