[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Put me in for 1. Looks awesome.

Count me in too, please!

Me too :slight_smile:

Interested

Interested, please add to the list.

I’m in. Use XPG3 with either plunger or the box style (lighter-weight, 1.5 ml + thrower).

I’ll love them either way! Put me down!!!

This thread has been awfully quiet lately :frowning: I kind of got used to reading a ton of posts daily, sometimes I had to catch up on my breaks…

Any updates?

Lots of talk behind the scene in order to keep the fighting drama in the thread down as we sort through some things.

With 5AR leaving it leaves us in a bit of a bind on what to do going forward, combined with the other designers being busy and the holidays things have slowed down a bit but have not stopped.

When is this notified to be released? Not the exact date, i just want to know if this take weeks, months, years?

Thanks for alle the effort to get us good flashlights though :slight_smile:

done when done :wink:
say a year? hard to say, but not weeks that is for sure.

Yeah man don’t allocate any funds for quite some time. The BLF Q8 started in April and it’s looking like April 2017 is a fair bet.
To put that in perspective the GT started last month……

I belive the Q8 build takes away alot of time on behalf of the GT, but that is understandable.

Ok thanks, that was the intention of the question :slight_smile:

I am definitely in. I have always just crept around on the forums and read what others posted but this thing has driven me to create an account, it looks insane.

Cool! Welcome to BLF!
Will update OP later.

Not really, Q-team is mainly asking questions and some parts of the driver are discussed but the work is to be done by Thorfire.
TA is not working on the Q8 and awaits reaction from IM about reflectors and designs are being finalised and thermally imaged.

Ah and talking about reflectors, time to order that big FastTech reflector for under $4 to play with :wink:

Nice!! Looking forward to the progress, and I eager to see witch way this project will take…and what the outcome of this will be! :smiley: :+1:

(But I do hope 5ar will join the design poll agaim)

Sadly this does not look likely.

What a pity, what do we need to do to have him back on board …

At this point I am not sure anything would bring him back, he is just tired of all the drama and don’t have time to deal with it all.

I can’t really blame him, frankly if we do another light I would want the cosmetic selection to be taken care of by the team before it is announced to the public to skip all of this. All this cosmetic selection has been exhausting and can really sap the energy out of the whole project.

Since cosmetics are 100% opinion with very very few hard facts they are in many ways worse then talking politics, at least with politics you can come up with some study to back up a point of view.

Now the rest of the light where things are based on data, facts and specs, I am 100% for an open source workplace where people can share ideas and work as a team, with these things fighting is far less likely since it is hard data being discussed instead of opinion.

To be perfectly honest I would like to see this happen now, the team simply selects the design to move forward with and we move on to more important things, sadly this will most likely leave a lot of people very unhappy so we are stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

We know that no matter what we do people are going to be upset and no one really wants to be the one to start that ball rolling and thus be the focus of everyone’s unhappiness. There is simply no perfect answer to please everyone or even most people right now.

We are reduced to trying to figure out the least upsetting way forward. :person_facepalming:

Sign me up. I cant resist a mega thrower…