[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Design is about much more than cosmetics, the only criticism that AR’s design received was on functional practical aspects, unfortunatly a lot of comments in the design thread where “this looks bad ass and if this is not the final design i’m out” “this one is ugly” “it has the most votes it must be this one or there is a conspiracy and i hate everybody and temper tantrum will ensue, i tell you”.

2 reasons why this didn’t work i think are that the poll was rushed, and the petty childishness displayed in said thread.

100% agree.

Im in.
And i do not care what it looks like. If the final design looks like a well soiled diaper, im still in.
Form follows function.
And a huge thankyou to those who volunteer their time to get this rolling.

Functional changes to a design will of course always be open for discussion. This is the basis for all projects on BLF.

The issue is the cosmetics of the design, I don’t think anyone debating the functional aspects of the deigns ever fell into the heavy drama of those that only said “this one sucks, I am not going to give you any actual reason for saying this but I am going to derail the thread to make sure everyone knows that it sucks anyways”.

Well maybe not in those exact words lol.

For example the latest versions of the designs we are working with now are very close in terms of function so the only thing left is cosmetics. Either will work within 10% or so of the other in real world performance.

Quite frankly, he (5ar) had the original design of the GT…before others made their own design and showed it to the public.
Then it suddenly turned into a “competion” on who had the best design in this tread, before it was made a decision to have a poll… Unfortunately.

And I do think competition is good, understand me right…

But 5ar had (And still has…) the advantage of most votes from people on the forum, and IF it would has been a political election:
He would have been the winner! We all know it…

But what exactly went wrong, I do not really know.
But its a big-big shame (!) that the winner felt the pressure, of things that happend behind the curtain, and will not “compete” again. Just a big shame…
And I understand him so much, that I have thought of leaving this build/tread my self, just to support him in his case

But in my opinion all the other designers should have thrown their work in the bin (for now), and instead show 5ar some dignity and support him to come back.
Then, and only then, this case would have the most righteous outcome, and it would have been a noble thing to do…but I belive we won`t see that happen.

But i hope we have learned a lot, and I hope we don`t see this things happen agein……

I’m sure this will be terrific and everybody will be on board at the end, i have great trust in people involved and am gratefull for their hard work :+1:

Please stop.
This discussion is over.

Maybe it is not over……

It should be.
http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/misc/siterules

hard lessons learned here… but the important thing is that they have been learned.
i’m pretty sure i’m not the only one still in full support of this undertaking.
good luck to all actively working on this project!

I would appreciate it if you and others wouldn’t draw conclusions without really knowing what is going on, especially if those conclusions, although just implicitly, include the judgement of the others.

We are all doing our best to ensure the project will work out.

Sorry for forgetting about this thread and being late to respond.

While the point is moot at this point; a majority is more than half of the votes. In this poll no single candidate reached that bar. Option 2 received the most votes but did not receive 50% of the total (I know, I know percentages again), that is a plurality, not a majority. So no, technically it is not a clear majority.

That is by far the most important data point.

Of course we do! That was the goal of 5ar and jerommel to…

Very much so. For the record there is no one reason or person responsible for 5AR’s leaving far as I know. Particularly not fritz or thijsco.

Let the poll begin, so we can go on again and start working with other things…

Says you Enderman. And as far as posting a link to the rules…… why? I don’t read anything rude or disrespectful written in the exchanges of the last couple of days.
What I read is that people have questions… I do myself. But now trying to sweep whatever it is under the rug by saying the discussion “needs” to be over just creates more questions in at least my mind.
And according to what ‘fritz 15’ wrote (quoted below), we still DO NOT know “what is really going on”?
Maybe, just maybe …… (since this was opened up to be a free for all)…… it is time ‘we’ did.

Just my .0357, ymmv. :slight_smile:

Edit: I find it amazing, as well as laughable; that ‘someone’ marked this post of mine ‘RUDE’…. unbelievable. :person_facepalming:

Oh well I will just be updating the list and first posts from now on and leave the drama to those who apparently like that kind of thing :wink:
This drama stuff might give energy to some I have better things to do.

This might be the last thing I say about this whole thing… might not. But I do hope everyone who has not done so will read back through some of this and realize just who really intruduced the majority of the ‘drama’.
I for one would simply like to know what ‘fritz 15’ was referring to when he wrote about us “not really knowing what is going on”. That is not “drama”…. it is asking a man to explain what he wrote.

I was just referring to MortyDuck as he was implying to know what we, as in the other designers, have done or have not done. I did not mean to open up more questions and I apologise if I gave rise to more discussions. To be honest I lost the overview of who said what or who did what and just try to keep myself out of all of this.

OK, thank you for the clarification ‘fritz 15’, I do appreciate that. And it was all “drama free” too. :beer: