[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Idea then: two good deep grooves, one at the head (is already there in between fins :slight_smile: ) and one at the tail, that makes it easy to strap paracord around as attachments.

Edit: I see now that the tail of the prototype already has an attachment point.

IIRC… the light design already has strap attachment points both head & tail.

Ah I thought you meant grommets inside the holes for attaching the straps, but yes the holes are there already, how th ring at the tail is assembled exactly and if it can be used without it (maybe creating a groove) we don’t know, the pics of the CAD were not showing enough details for that

Eyelets -

a.k.a. grommet.

Please add me for a second GT.
My first number on the list is 23.

Thanks

On my hellfighter, which is only slightly bigger than the TN42, it is 5mm.
And this light is already overbuilt.
8mm would just be a huge waste of space and metal.

Thanks Mr Scott, googled it and learned a little :wink:

Will update list later

And we will ask for the CAD so Thijsco and Fritz can check it out for more detailed measurements.

Not to be confused with Wallace & Grommet -

@the miller
i want a pic of your work belt

Sorry, he borrowed it to me.

haha, that will hold 1 small tool only :open_mouth:

ROTFLMAO!

Nope ;).
&
Yes, we first made a design of the body but that was already done (mostly) before we even had a final reflector dimension.
After that I’ve changed that existing design so it would fit the dimensions of the reflector, those dimensions where: ID of 120mm with a wall thickness of 2mm. (snug fit at the top, I left more room for the rest so that lumintop/the manufacture can beef up the reflector).

So as I said earlier: “Yes but remember, the body was designed to fit the reflector.”
Meaning, we designed the head to hold a 120mm ID reflector with the corresponding height.
Now, they have made the head first and now the reflector will be made to the head which is designed to the reflector.
You following? :smiling_imp: :smiley: :smiley:

Just kidding around, Enderman! :beer:

@wall thickness:
Some dimensions and calculations (taken from the cad design in my program): Outside diameter of the head itself = 134mm (5.275 inches). Meaning, 134mm - 120mm = 14mm - 4mm (2x 2mm thickness from reflector wall) = 10mm / 2 = 5mm wall thickness of the head. (from outside to ID of reflector = 7mm)

The strap connection at the head can be seen here:

(yeah, my 800st post :), it had to be a semi troll post :stuck_out_tongue: )

Ha Thijs, thanks for the dimensions, 120mm the reflector is!! :slight_smile:

Just saw the picks at the top of the OP. It looks Awesome! Congrats The Miller, contributors, and Lumintop. It's going to be a winner.

I’m in for one, saw pictures of this on another forum and had to join!

It looks like a normal flashlight except huge, which I think was the look you guys were going for.

this is going to be awesome!! lol

Welcome to BLF!
Will update list soon.
May I ask on what forum you saw the GT?

Welcome to BLF!
Will update list soon.
May I ask on what forum you saw the GT?