[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I like the anodized version of the Convoy L6. Feels a bit soft and grippy. That kind of anodizing would fit the GT too.

Wasn’t the design going to incorporate a stainless steel crown like the K70?

That was an optional design, if they decide to do it, great. If not, that is fine too. It would add a fair amount of cost.

OK, thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

Is this light ok to use unprotected? I hope so… unprotected are cheaper to get…

Well technically you can, but I personally would not risk using unprotected cells in a series flashlight unless I am sure that all cells match and are diligent in checking the state of the cells periodically…

I own nothing but unprotected cells and will be using them in mine.

Unprotected cells are fine as long as you insert them correctly. You don’t have to worry about the cells becoming unbalanced during a single discharge unless you are mixing your cells and even then you would just kill the cell, not blow up or anything.

That said, if you are not totally sure what you are doing or plan to give it to someone that is not, then protected cells are always safer.

Yea. Me too. I have nothing but unprotected. So let’s hope this light fit unprotected flat top. :slight_smile:

It will fit them just fine, although the best idea is to have some kind of lockout so that button tops are needed, like they tried in the Q8. It would ensure that cells can’t be put in backwards. Although I don’t remember if this ever made it into the final specs or not.

hey miller, did you ever get wimmer21 on the list ?

Do you mean reverse polarity protection?

mixing as in using different aged cells?—-like if you have 4 laying around now and you buy 4 new ones for this to complete a “set”?

Mixing includes different using different capacities, different brands, different charge level (only a little difference), and different number of cycles/age in the order from worst to best.
Usually you will have no issues with the last two, but none of them are recommended.

The first one is horrible and should never be done.
Since different brands have slightly different capacities, #2 is bad for the same reason.

Ideally you would have a group of 8 cells that are always charged+used at the same time since they were bought.

Think I haven’t updated the list but will fo do shortly

Apologies to everyone for Millers responses lately as he has been learning Chinese on his phone which has been getting mixed up with his English posts in quite a few different threads. :person_facepalming:

heheh
MARK
List updated

agreed, should be cool as cucumber for as long as you want to run it
my modded tn42 takes minutes on end to even get warm

@nodoubt is your TN42 modded with a copper heatsink? My stock unit heats up within 10 secs on turbo, although i take it that it means heat is being transferred very efficiently

Can i still be put on the list for one? Thanx in advance!

Yes the TN warms (heats is too strong IMHO) up fast in stock form, but does not get hot I think
Let me check it later for for it is pretty warm outside now.

Yes feel fee to ask to be added to the list.
Although the list of first GTs exceeds the 555 now it is not likely all will order so surely some after that will be able to get one.
We probably will go via direct ordering at Lumintop with payment via PayPal limited to one order a person.