[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Please Add me to the BLF GT list. thanks

Welcome to BLF! Will do!

Will this light be easy to mod? I would love to see an XHP 70.2 or a dedomed XP-L W2 in its huge reflector!

The stock XHP35 is a 12V led, so the XP-L2 will need a different driver. The XHP70.2 can be run at 12V but not at the 2.5A that the stock driver delivers, you want above 5A (at 12V), so again: a different driver.

Maybe a good idea to ask DEL if he can design a 46mm PCB with correct rings for the GT carrier and pads to piggyback different drivers on top? When the exact driver design is done.
So people can order such boards from Oshpark and leave the beauty stock driver intact.
Right?

pretty sure it has extar copper
its a vn mod

Hi again @The Miller, i am on #614 or #535 on the Mr.Scott list which list matter most? i assume the second one by Mr. Scott since it is p[rioritize people with first light? if it is man i am just about making into the list.

Yes Mr.Scott orders the list according to who gets to order first. 555 or below on his list means getting a pm with instructions how to order when it is done.
After a certain amount of time it will be clear how many of the people after that receive that PM

According to the specs DEL listed, with some minor component changes you should be able to handle up to 5A output, that can be adjusted to anything from 3v to 12v output with some resistor/cap changes from what I remember of the buck IC.

So as long as you are happy with 5A or less of power to your given LED, the stock driver should be able to work with some modifications.

5A to an xhp70.2 running at 12V would be basically drop in, just a sense resistor swap is what he said IIRC. That would be the same as 10A at 6V, or about perfect IMHO.

So the xhp70 is actually a pretty reasonable swap, to the point that lumintop could consider selling it like that if the beam is good as an option down the road.

A 6000+ lumen thrower that can throw a beam I would guess around 1000m and hae good runtime like that? Yeah, I can see that selling.

With the amount of battery in this thing, modding and putting an xp-l or something like it in there you could make this thing run for days on high!

Wow it’s huge

It’s the Johnny Holmes of lights !!!

thanks.

The driver easily moddable for 5A is great news, that makes the XHP70.2 a very do-able mod, creating 4 times the output (fitting the size of the flashlight a bit more), but of course with 4 times (or whatever) less throw.

I’m sure this has all been covered through this long build thread, but tbh I wasn’t paying very good attention :slight_smile:

So the output is set at 2.5 amps because… that’s where the XHP35 HI we’re using is maxing out safely? I assume so. Seems low, but then I’ve never spent much time looking at these emitters myself. That’s at 6v I guess. So if all that’s true - 2.5A @ 6v drive - then the 8 cell carrier is really just about runtime (and maybe about having a handle big enough for that head). Any plans for a shorty tube? Or even some sort of filler/spacer so we could have the fullsize handle but only need 4 cells? 8 cells is…a lot.

XHP35 is 12V

emarked, taken from the very first post in the thread…

…………… long fat tube (roughly same size as two stacked SRK tubes)
tube for 2 × 4 18650 cells, two cells long, yes decided, no 26650/32650
…………… Cell placement in carriers, 2 ot them, designed to have a functional light even when there are cells in only 1.

(I added the bold)

Ah nice this broad driver versatility had slipped by me
The TN42 is driving the XHP35HI at 2,25A

Hmm S70 stock just reaches 800 meters, what would a XHP70.2 in such big reflector do?

Hello all! I’ve been trying to join this site since last year and finally made it. lol

hahoo put me down for The GT thrower as wimmer21, which is my handle at that other site, but I’ll have to be wimmer2121 here (long boring story).

I’ll begin reading this thread now to figure out what I need to do to acquire this thrower. I’m happy to send payment in advance. :slight_smile:

welcome and your are on it :wink:

Ah, gotcha. I thought they could be wired 6v or 12v like the rest of the XHP line but had forgotten that they’re different. Then the discussion happened about modding for 12v XHP70 and I lost track of what was being modded. My fault.

Gah, thanks. I shoulda thought to check the first post before asking. Great design, basically with a “filler” piece built in.