[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Awesome!!! Hopefully we will have it before the end of the year at the pace they are going, a great manufacturer was selected!

At this pace…agree!! Love it when a plan comes together.

Soup any one—Big enough to make a bowl

Making it deeper would only increase throw very little, because the center circle (that flat-ish part around the LED) would become smaller which would add only a little front area of useful reflector.
It would result in less spill and a bigger “corona” around the hotspot.

With this design, 60 degrees of light from all sides are being collected, which leaves a 60 degree cone of spill.
People wanted this flashlight to be useful for regular use too, not just super long range, which is why it is a reflector with some spill and not an aspheric thrower.
This is approx 75% of light collected for throw, with 25% of light used for spill.

Several thousand posts near the beginning of this topic were spent calculating all of this.

Yes, you’re right. I went back and read them again. :blush:

I’d love to see two of these reflectors side by side. :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile:

/\
:+1:

Reflector looks great! But the centering and vertical alignment of the emitter is just as critical. On a reflector this big even little subtle changes in the emitter positioning affect the numbers. Take Vinh’s modified throwers for example, he gets considerable gains over stock by just refocusing the emitter.

Can’t wait to see a beamshot!

/\
Those are excellent points you make. I’m hopeful LT will be right on top of that. :slight_smile:

Cant wait to see à functional prototype…. :slight_smile:

Please add me to the list for q=2.

This flashlight is the embodiment of my favorite school of thought: If it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.

Giga Thrower? More like Giggity Thrower, giggity giggity goo!

Looking great!

Could you please add me to the list as well, thanks.

They stole it from here.

MARK

NotSure, welcome to BLF!

core List updated

My only concern is that opening for LED, it should be easier to get maximum focus without that additional ring around centering ring. For example the best throwers like TN42, Olight M3XUT, and others have reflector opening much wider for best results. Otherwise there can be too much artifacts in beam and as I said earlier focusing problems……

Lumintop is working on a proto driver to make it a complete light.
It is very assuring that they make the large SD75

t seems the big throwers (TN42 K70 BK-FA09S) all have a reflector without a flat part around the LD so this might need some adaptation, sure LT will see the need if there, when the first proto is assembled and turned on.

If the reflector is designed properly it should not matter.
The focal point should always be at the center of the LED.
It’s not hard to find out how thick the LED is from the datasheet, that’s how high above the MCPCB the focal point should be.

Is it still possible to get on the list for one of these? If so I’d really love a monster thrower too…