[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Will update the list
Now that 555 first are asked for people after that can only get one if not all of the first 555 order.

Is it possible to make a clear list with the first 555 users to see whether you’re in the first GB?
Is there any info on the pricing for the 2nd GB for the interested people who are not in the first 555?

Ask & yea shall receive Yokiamy… I present you…. THE LIST. . :smiley:

Miller is there some progress with battery carrier, since the whole thing with LT is coming faster than expected, I am forced to think about getting some fresh cells from NKON. I found some new LG with 2850mAh and 10A rated for under 2.5$, thats a pretty good deal for none EU members…

Thanks Teacher, yes the list is there already :wink:

Well we have yet to receive info on the carrier(s) (maybe LT will do one carrier with the option to fill just 4 slots for operation) but we know there is work done for they provided DEL with info how the driver needed to be changed for the carrier(s) to connect properly.
That is all for now.

Thank you for the link Teacher, since my name does not appear to be on that list, but only in the OP first post i assume i’m in the 2nd GB then?
Is there any updated info on the pricing of the light for the 2nd list ?

Not to worry
I update the core list but not daily
Then Mr.Scott uses that to have his program sort it right
Last time was before you were added to the core list.

oH oops, EDIT: no idea what the after groupbuy price will be

Perhaps the quantity should be increased to Q=666, as this light appears to be The Beast.

I think we can definitely ask lt since the interest list is still growing.

Everytime I browse the list and see my name there, my enthusiasm just levels up.

Cannot wait for my first flashlight, and a proper one at that.

Put me on the list for 1 please!

These Lumintop guys are fast! They should be an example for Thorfire and their Q8 :smiley:

:+1: … Your welcome guys, my pleasure. I just happened to be online when Yoki asked the question

I am truly impressive at the progress LT is making. :slight_smile:

The reflector looks good. those ribs in the CAD do nothing, I am glad they are not included, that means more material can be left in the head and improve heat sinking.

All those posts wasted worrying about finding a reflector first….

Maybe I am wrong, but it might be difficult to change emitters with such a wide base of the reflector. Is it possible to make the reflector modder- friendly for use with other diodes ( like Xp-l, Xm-l or XHP 70 ) without special skills and mpcbs ? Just my opinion.

Yes will update list later, and welcome to BLF!

We were starting a crazy new project here. As big as this reflector needed to be was of course reason for concern.
And the calculations made design of head possible. So I don’t agree it was a waste, if only because it was awesome to see suggestions and much good come from it.

Do you all think that these parts (Yellow line) should be totally flat (polished even) and not anodized for a "no gap" fit for better heat transfer to the head of the flashlight?

Thanks!

Yes Alex i think you are right.
But I trust LT to do it right and the shear size of it all and the threading will give a good enough heat path when the two parts are screwed together
I expect it to be fitted tight, like I know the S70 anf S70s have a similar head construction but I am not able to separate them because of how tight it is.

“The core list sorted alphabetically” THANK YOU!!!

Definitely add me to that list this is sweet