[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Who else is ready for the 1x 14500 version?

Perfect for EDC.

:+1: :smiley:
I`m in for the 14500 version… :partying_face:

hahahaha cmflippen that GT head is happy to see us :smiley:

Wait, if it’s for EDC, you have to include a belt clip! Where’s the belt clip?

I think it looks good as 4x. 8x would be better for run time and modability, but that 4x looks sweet. If it is 8x, I would prefer to keep it as the original plan and make it able to run off 4x cells.

You don’t need no belt clips…!!!

Please add me to the list, or the backup list, or whatever list I can still be added too.

Been following this for months, but until I saw the pictures I just didn’t know how much I NEEDED this light.

Hey guys,
we will discuss the tube,but do not quot same thing more.

Neal

I won’t quote, I prefer the long tube. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldn’t it be possible to make the large tube out of two sections, so you can choose the setup you would like to use (e.g. 4- or 8 cells)?

That way you don’t have to carry the large tube if used with only 4 cells.

In for 10 (ten) 1× 14500 version

4x18650 looks great, perfect for my kangaroo pocket :slight_smile:

I prefer the long tube either :slight_smile:

Yes will update list later, welcome to BLF srwaite!

Long tube it is, maybr maybe short tube can be bought separate at a later time

That sounds Great, thank you!

Put me in for one

Well funny, was emailing with Thijsco and CAWI about some ideas for the future Q16 and Thijsco had this smart idea of a tube with 3 threading areas
Top to screw into head of other tube
Bottom inside to allow another tube to be added
Bottom outside for tailcap

Suggested a rework of tube to allow this, seems smart and I would want the extra tube for better balance and 50% more runtime with a third carrier.

Note this is a suggestion as is a shorty tube for one carrier as something one can get as accessories.

I would love it.

Prio one is getting the light done in one version, whichever it may be.

I’ll be happy to buy a shorter tube or multi-segment tube as an accessory.

…to a tripod hole only?

That sounds rather complex.

I was thinking, if the tube is thick enough, you can make a back end with whatever tailcap (with one 4* battery carrier) and a front or middle section (with one additional 4* batterycarrier) that just lego’s in between. You can extend it infinately and have enormous mod potential as well.

Sortof like this cheap light:

Edit:
I now get that what you suggest is as an extra purchase afterwards to shorten it.
To me this ^ would be nice to see in the original run with limited extra costs to accomodate all wishes.

The simpler option for this is to simply adjust the rear of the battery tube to have female threads that match the head of the light and make the tailcap have male threads. This is far simpler and easier to do. Although it would be a major change for the GT at this point, Not sure it is worth that kind of change after they spent all that time getting the tailcap strap holder to work.