[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I haven’t followed all of the tube discussion. But I signed up based on the 8 cell version. I’m not interested in a out of balance and disproportionately short tube. It upsets my sensibilities. Heck, I’d even like to see a 8 cell Q8 as long as it has provisions for a sling (a sort of pipe light; note that I don’t design lights and don’t know if something like that could be built).

I also thought we had the tube discussion several thousand post back and a long tube was decided upon…… for several different reasons.

A two part tube was discussed at that time also and was decided against.

The long tube was it going forward.
Ideally it would contain two battery carriers & could be used with only one of those carriers loaded with batteries if desired.

It seems to me all this current discussion of short tubes could be confusing the issue of the GT and might be better served in another thread. A thread about aftermarket options.

Because some of the ideas are pretty nice. The one emarked posted for example. It would be a shame if that were lost in the thousands of posts in this thread.

I have a Fenix TK75 sat here on my desk and when I bought it I bought the extra battery carrier AND the tube extender. I’ve never actually used the tube extender other than to test it but the idea seems so simple. It’ll involve two additional threads to be cut onto the tube so you can split it in two.

I’d rather the light gets to us quicker as a larger light but LT sell a shorty tube after. They’ll be able to make more of a markup on that for sure anyway.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start an interest list for buying a shorty tube later so LT knows how much interest there actually is. This may make it more likely that they will go to the effort of producing an aftermarket shorty tube. Just a thought.

You probably misunderstood me, or I haven’t explained it very well.
Only 2 threads on the tube, like dutcheee and TA said.
Tube with 1 male and 1 female thread and the tailcap with a male thread.

But as TA said, it isn’t worth to change it at this point. the best solution now is the make an additional short tube that’s sold separately.

I’m very much oke with the long tube, no interest in a shortening or 3S option. And if it’s too involved then don’t change it. I thought the battery carrier wasn’t desided upon, or at least unclear to thrunite edit:Lumintop, so thought this was still open for discussion. But one piece long tube is oke with me :+1:

Yes long tube is the goal :wink:

Thanks Thijsco, I get it now, indeed smarter :wink:

Not Thrunite. It is Lumintop.

I stand corrected :stuck_out_tongue:

Any chance of showing the proto next to a L6?

Addresses are given
Neal just need the phone numbers of DEL and MRsDNF to proceed with those two shipments
In a while we’ll see:
Texas Ace check the long one
MRsDNF check the short one
DEL check the driver, led on to be used PCMCB (no whole proto just the light engine)
So it is a bit of a waiting game till they arrive

Mr.Scott pmmed the newest list, thanks so much, gonna edit it in later!
Edited in post 2!

Yes, I should be able to arrange this once the proto arrives.

I am IN for one of these!cant wait to count fish 800 meters at the pond

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I know I’ll be a long way down the list, but I’m in for a GT too if possible!

Welcome to BLF
the list extends beyond 555 so it is not guaranteed new entries can ordr a GT n the groupbuy.
Of course there is a chance

Sorry I don’t quite understand about why the late comers may not necessarily be able to buy the BLF GT?

The light is not even started producing in volume, thus I guess the manufacturer (Lumintop) should still be able to prepare whatever they need to prepare, right? After all the more ordering they get the more they can earn isn’t it?

There might be some reasons explained in one of the previous posts but I didn’t read all of the posts (too many)…

Agreed I have followed this thread from the beginning and thought I was on the list but I had only made a comment.Now I am way down the list.By the time this light is built we could have a 1,000 on the list.

I think it is Lumintop that decided the limit. And it is probably due to low/none profit at the GB price.

It would be nice to see if Lumintop will allow a “second” Group Buy, at maybe a slightly higher price.

They are never going to sell more than they will right here. That doesn’t make sense.

The simple answer is this.

The first 555 lights will be sold at the group buy price.
The 555 limit for the group buy was strategically set in negotiations.

After that, as it stands right now; the group buy will be over.

LUMINTOP will then offer the light (GT) for sale at whatever price they decide upon.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:
Edit for correction concerning limit