[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

555 lights with these specs at this price is good.
As said, not all on the list will order and Lumintop should be allowed to make a profit afterwards. It is not likely a company would have brought something like this to the market on their own, the 3 or 4 current top throwers are relatively close and way more expensive. We would probably have seen a little more throw for a couple of years in a row, getting at our point with new led tech for a different chip is way cheaper then a huge reflector.

And well the limit was established when we were in for a while, it was already known LT would make it, and it was set higher then all the people who asked for it so all those are able to get one.

With lots of demand sure LT will keep on making it but at a higher price, seems logical to me and fair.

It makes perfect sense to me that they don’t want to make the light for free (at cost). :innocent:

Ditto what Miller said.

Yes, the GT will most assuredly be able to be purchased after the GB, lumintop will keep making them for sure. The price will go up accordingly though and most likely they will make a few value adding changes to the light as well.

Even at $200 it would still be a great deal.

Direct any anger towards me, initially the list could have been somewhat longer but I and I alone asked for 555
Why?
So that we could be more firm on the $111 in case things would be more expensive in fabrication and such
So when the (sort of expected) question if shipping could go via DHL with upfront payment we could now simply write “if LT wants to do it like that and it falls within the $111 price to be paid that is fine. We agreed upon a higher price of $111 for a limited amount of GTs in the groupbuy, lower then offered, so LT can set own price afterwards and make money”
Had there been a higher number in the groupbuy it would not be strange if the high shipping was to be debated as part of the price and now it seems fine.
I rather give in freedom and stand stronger down the road then take and getting forced into a position of needing to give.

I am for sure no technical expert but getting to fair deals is what I like to do.
Sorry if this upsets somebody but I would do it again if no new information or developments come up.

Edited to add…. Sounds like excellent reasoning in the above post The Miller. :+1:
……………………

Yes, the list number could be that large I imagine.

And unless people understand they are on the RESERVE LIST … there will be confusion as well as hard feelings.

In other words, as it stands right now….
…………the GT RESERVE LIST starts at # 556.

If & when someone in the first 555 drops out, then the lowest # from the GT RESERVE List will move up to take their place.

If some wish to speculate how many will actually ‘drop out’ that is fine. But the cold hard fact remains…… if no one drops out, #556 did not make it.

It is what it is…… :slight_smile:
…………………

Sure they will. This group buy of the first 555 will somewhat be like advertising. When word gets out there will be many sold… probably even quite a few to those who missed out on the orginal 555 group buy.

Yes I think there is a market for a big thrower. If the price is on par with the current $200/$300 reflector throwers it is clear
Con, extra weight and size
Pro, more throw, longer runtime and a totally configurable UI
Just ask yourself, what would ypu buy? The big throwers are already big so a little bigger for the same price and all the things the GT does better, made by a solid company. Would you really get a TN42 ?
I for sure not :wink: though I got one because I actually want to look further then my other lights shine and well it is of course very important to be able to compare our GT to a true throw king honey :wink:

Or answer this question, would you get a L6 or S70S if you could buy a 2S2P larger XHP70.2 light that can run on max longer, has a configurable UI and shines further while still lighting up the same field in front of you, for the same $50
?

We are not talking EDC here, this is a light that has a “wow-factor” “giggle factor” and “impress factor” that justifies a higher price, how cool is that

Funny side story, the other day the neighbors dog was barking onbtge field at night, BAM Q8 light lighted the field and BOOM Tn42 searched the edges.
My neighbors mother had let the dog out by accident and next morning she wanted to see the lights producing all that light, just friggin awesome :smiley:

Miller,Thanks for all you have done in creating this group buy.There is no anger here.Just a little sadness but it’s not about the light.It more about my old age and confusion it brings.

Your not alone Hezekiah. :slight_smile:

ok , enough politics, seems we should be seing a few more dozen beamshots by now :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:
and that 1.2 mill lux reading, that i know this light is going to do :wink:

@TheMiller,

I have been listed for the 2nd light in the GT core list, whereas I wanted only one light and I am not the list where people are requesting their 1st GT lights,
Please put me on the list requesting for 1st GT lights.
I badly want this light but I am way over 555.finger crossed

Here are my listing details on the core GT list for 2nd light.

660 praveendk 2nd #687

Please edit accordingly
Thanks in advance.
Cheers !!!
-Dk

I actually have high hopes for an XHP70.2 version of this light. If I can find a good XHP70.2 for a reasonable price I might toss one in the proto to see what it does.

Anyone know where some good XHP70.2’s are now days for cheap, I have not been paying attention. Ideally looking for a ~4000-5000k 80CRI but 70CRI would work as well.

Should be good for around 5000+ lumens and a fair amount of throw if I had to guess.

I was thinking the same thing, but using an XHP-50.2 dedomed or maybe a dedomed or shaved xhp70.2 would do great even.

I am pondering which of my current lights are going to get retired by this monster the K70 or the K60…

I was thinking about the xhp50.2 as well but figured that if you want max throw then you might as well stick with the xhp35. I am guessing that the xhp70.2 would still get around 1000m of throw, more then enough for most situations and over 2x the lumens of the xhp35.

Is the GT will be shipped with DHL only? If I understand correctly?
For EU the DHL push through Vat and tax procedure every item so I need to pay extra 50$ for these surely. But with regular free shipping methods flashlights offten slip through taxes.

Your on it praveendk…. #239 on THIS LIST .

You can relax……. :smiley:

It is a bit confusing
In the OP is the core list and Mr.Scott orders it correctly (thanks so much for that!)
Next time I update the core list I walk/read through the posts and add and correct accordingly

Good point about taxes, this needs talking to LT about, DHL is then not the best solution for a lot of buyers, thanks for the heads up!

DHL would almost certainly make the package be seized by customs, causing an extra €40 bill. What works best is normal mail with <$20 declaration on the outside.

I am older than you for sure,so don’t be sad. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m right in there with you all too. We just have to try to press on best we can. :slight_smile:

That’s great “teacher”
Thanks a lot
Waiting for the group buy to go live.
Good luck guys !!!
-DK