[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Doesn’t look like Maine even knows their own laws. All agree having a firearm in the car while shining deer is illegal, but a large disagreement about shining a flashlight in a field with no firearm in the car.

You guys are crazy. I have no idea what you’re talking about. Let’s move on.

Yup, you just gotta love laws that are open to individual interpretation RobertB. It’s best not to test.

Off subject now… Decades ago I came upon a rabid fox, even back then I had a permit to carry, but fox are furbearers and as such fall into legal harvest laws and whatnot. I didn’t shoot it. Instead I called the game warden when I got home. He went up one side of me and down the other for not killing it since now he had to pound the puckerbrush trying to find it. But Maine Game Wardens have a reputation for law interpretation and it’s best not to even come close to breaking the law, though sometimes we do. Case in point, I was on the way to work one day and came across a car struck deer that was obviously not going to survive. It was in pain and not going to survive and I hate to see any animal suffer. I put a bullet through it’s head and dispatched it. I asked the woman waiting for the GW and the OK to harvest it to just forget my vehicles description. If a GW hears about a struck deer they will allow the deer to linger in pain for hours if necessary until they arrive. Ridiculous. They have a god complex. Not all but many. Pretty much those can be recognized by the shaved heads.

Edit: sorry Jason. It took time to read the article and write the post.

Well I looked up the 2017 Deer Hunting Regulations for WI, since I’ll certainly be shining some on my land. I don’t hunt, but I like to see what’s out there. I’m getting a new thermal camera for Christmas that I’m really excited to play with. But seeing eyes hundreds of yards out is pretty cool.

Shining
It is illegal to:
• use or possess with intent to use, a light including vehicle headlights for shining any
wild animal while hunting or in possession of a firearm, bow and arrow or crossbow.
This includes laser sights on firearms, bows and crossbows. Exceptions apply for
Class C disabled permit holders and for hunting certain small game; see 2017 Small
Game Hunting Regulations;
• use or possess with intent to use, a light including vehicle headlights for shining wild
animals between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. from September 15 through December
31 whether or not in possession of a firearm, bow or crossbow;
Note: some areas may prohibit shining by local ordinance. Check with the local
sheriff’s department or town officials for local shining restrictions.
• shine at any time on federal refuges and Waterfowl Production Areas.

Please add me to the BLF GT list!!!
Thanks

Deer eyes will reflect and be seen if you use an IR light and NV. Of course the deer can clearly be seen with just NV. I’ve walked up to them while eating winter rye in my garden and have gotten to within 40 yards of them. It’s like they can’t believe their nighttime invisibility was broken. Mama deer would stomp her foot because she knew something wasn’t right, but both mama and youngster kept eating. No GW that I know of can detect the invisible spectrum. That is unless they too have NV. FWIW, my IR light is only 5mw and it works fine to light shadows out to 100 yards.

Vermin are much the same. I have had them fully illuminated with IR and put subsonic suppressed rounds into them and they continued to do what they were about until they expired. They think they own the night as long as white light isn’t used.

If a GW caught me no doubt it would still be illegal even though I was illuminating with part of the invisible spectrum and he’d have my IR light and NV.

hi all,
was just looking at the beamshots for this light and I know its been said before but I just want to thank all involved for there hard work on this great effert.
truly outstanding

I never do it with a firearm present. I only do it in late summer/early fall and after hunting season. I usually walk or bike to the areas I want to get a look at. I have never had an issue with the law or a warden when doing it this way. A county sheriff lives a mile down the road and I am sure that he would have talked to me about it or called a warden if there was a problem with what I was doing.

Wife: so why you needs this idiot GT thing??

Me: to put you in the spotlight dear

I never do it with a firearm present. I only do it in late summer/early fall and after hunting season. I usually walk or bike to the areas I want to get a look at. I have never had an issue with the law or a warden when doing it this way. A county sheriff lives a mile down the road and I am sure that he would have talked to me about it or called a warden if there was a problem with what I was doing.

JasonWW
Kaybi
Wennn :open_mouth:
Thank you all for you information I guess I need to pay more attention to what lists I am getting on.

It’s easy to get confused Christoph. Don’t ask me how I know.

You guys don’t shine deer in Texas? As a hunter it is a great way to get an idea of what the deer herd in the area looks like. And as a flashlight enthusiast, I am always looking for new ways to use my toys.

Please add me (pcctex) to your list of hopeful purchasers for a BLF GT.

Thank you.

Hello Im new to all this was wondering if the BLF special giga thrower was up for sell yet ,TY

Not yet but it’s getting close. Probably a couple weeks before the first 500 start shipping. Second batch will be early next year.
My understanding is production has started and the first 500 will be shipped before the end of the year…

If you want one, just say so in this thread.
Your name will be added to the list when The Miller updates it and you’ll receive a PM with a link and instructions when time comes to order.
Group buy price will be $150 shipped - if i got that right.
Please read the first post, everything should be explained there.

This is only out of curiosity - is it known about how many man hours per light that Lumintop is putting into each of the GTs?

That would just count their time building the parts they need to, assembling, packing and such but not count the man hours to build things like the emitters that they purchase.

The emitters that will be used in the GT are Cree brand XHP35-HI. As far as I know, they are being manufactured here in the USA!

Please put me on the list for purchase. Thanks!

Hmm, I’m not sure but I think I have read that Cree leds are manufactured in China…