Personalized my flashlight

I never really liked how thick my Enlan EL02 felt in hand and the micarta was a little slick . So I went after it with a dremel and some steel wool and ....

Custom drop-in or off the shelf? I want one……

Custom drop in, just PM E1320 and he will sell you one.

That looks fantastic!! Nicely done!

Thats one cool Knife. I gotta latch on to one of those!! Beautimus!

Dan

My personalized Romisen RC-39 - with Glow in The Dark stickers:

so it was installed:

It’s a UF P10 R5, with some lathe work on it.
It has a new press-fit pill made of Alu, XM-L NW and 3 mode driver. I also changed the clicky for a forward, but I went back to it’s original reverse because of the modes.

Now I’m working with that Fandyfire S3.

Sweet looking lights .

I do like deep carry clips .

+1. The machined one looks really nice. I like it.

Thank you! I’m also a deep carry clips fan. :bigsmile:
Here I have a few more pics of the process:

hand sanded body at home. I originally used a SK68 clip with two provisional M3 allen screws.

After the first lathe attempt. Still unpolished body and lathe mandrill marks on the tailcap.

The Press-Fit Pill. Compatible with 16mm led star & 17mm driver board.

The final assembly before polishing. OP reflector, non GITD O-rings added. Wasn’t able to find nice M3 screws… And wasn’t happy with the black clip & raw alu combination, so I finnally went ordering this crap light to salvage the clip.

The screws aren’t the ones I would like to have, but didn’t manage to find better looking ones. I’m still looking for nicer clip screws in M3.

The light has a very nice feeling, extra light weight (50.4g, almost the same weight of a 18650 battery!) and very is compact (111mm long!). The “recesed” tailcap cover allows tailstanding reasonably.

Damn! When I saw the light in your reviews I immediately fell in love with it and wondered where I could buy it.

Now that I see it’s custom made, well… :frowning:

I’m more of a form follows function guy, but, here are a few cosmetic mods done to a few of my lights:

That’s an early Mini-MagLED tail cap with some file work (done on the mill) on a cut-down Mini-Mag. The cap was further modified to work just like the original Mini-Mag tail cap, spring and all.

The same black cut-down Mini-Mag on the left with a later Mini-MagLED tail cap cut down with file work for grip to tighten or loosen it since its so small. Next to it is a silver cut-down Mini-Mag with the tail cap cut down. The hole is where the spare bulb is stored. I’ve since filled it in with acrylic mixed with glow powder.

The C2 on the left has reflective tape covering a hole in the side of the body where the machinist hadn’t set the body truly concentric with the bore of the lathe and broke through the thinnest part of the body. No, it wasn’t me who did the bore job, but, I got a helluva deal on it since it was damaged. Next to is is another C2 that the same machinist rushed and ended up ripping the body apart. I took what was left, cut off the damaged section, finished the bore job to show how thin the walls are. I later milled slots into it so that I can see how well P60 drop-ins fit into Surefire hosts.

Nice , PCC

A leather case for the Shiningbeam Blaze. The sale Blaze didn’t come with any accessories, so it seemed like a good opportunity to attempt leather work for the first time. Helps protect the light a bit and also makes for a nice carrying handle. Warm feel for cold winter walks. The leather is soft enough to allow the twisty head mode change to work. It’s a bit fiddly flipping the leather around sometimes, but not bad.

!!

Good job , shiner .