Please don't use 'quote' for 'reply', and don't bloat with multi-quote

!!

I’ve been active in this forum for about a month and haven’t seen any annoying or exaggerated quote chains, multi-quotes, or the WORST of all, quoting of a long OP to add a question that would require no quoting to be understood. If this was a real concern this request would’ve been taken seriously, but as it does not bare grounding in actual reality, it was (correctly, imho) turned into satire

Well put Mr. avatar foot

When i saw this thread title i knew it was going to run wild before long… and i had quite a bit of fun reading five (long) pages of mostly immature and plain funny posts.

However, i now understand a few important things:

- I need a second computer display

- I need a mouse (with a scroll wheel) for my laptop cause my fingers hurt from scratching the touch pad

- We now know how far quoting can go until you run out of screen estate and have to horizontally scroll

- It is obvious that excessive exposure to high intensity flashlights produces some brain damage

- I’d rather live in a fun multi-quote world then a boring optimized one

- The bandwidth argument about text is so 20th century

- I though lucid dreaming was normality and ‘real’ normality some kind of contagious disease

- I used to be annoyed by excessive quoting but now it’ll draw a big smile on my face

• reserved for when i think of something else

reserved for a sig when my damaged brain will manage to come up with something cool - or at least neutral white

I agree also.

You can use page up and page down :wink:

… keyboard broke a few pages ago… both my arms are painful… i’ll need speech recognition and soon a brainwave headset… :person_facepalming:

Ah, so this thread and quoting does cause real casualties.
So we should be listening to the OP :smiley:

And in this thread, sideways

I think an update to the 104 key standard is necessary for redundancy and page up/down redundancy

Reminds of the song the Yardbirds did in the late 1960’s, Over Under Sideways Down.

I notice some people have talked about lucid dreaming. As a kif even until this day. I can wake myself out of a dream. I just say wake up in my head in the dream and I pop right out. My dad taught me to lucid dream when I was real little. The key was to look at your hands in your dream. Most dreams you never see your hands. Once you see your hands you can control it from there. Besides that and him saying to tell yourself your going to lucid dream tonight. That’s all I needed to take off with it.

When I got older he introduced me into astral traveling. But that’s a whole different ball game that takes some practice. I will say a little Mary Jane helps out with accomplishing that. May take months before you finally come out your body. A lot get close then srip because it doesn’t feel natural its hard to explain

As it just so happens, thirded. You gotta know not to take things seriously all the time :sunglasses:

[quote=Persechini]

Like the profile pic BTW

[quote=Pulsar]

I never know how to multi quote without manually copy pasting. But even if later I know how to do it, multi quoting what I’m quoting right now would not be an easy task. Grrrrreat job dudes! :partying_face: :laughing:

[quote=Pulsar]

Thanks!

[quote=clemence]

Yeah, there are forums that have multi-quote buttons, but here you have to do it manually, just like I just did

You can use middle click to turn on “auto scroll”. Works in most browsers on Windows, and probably only Firefox on Macs. Middle click is often the scroll wheel button on your typical 2 button mouse.

Your track pad settings might have a way to get a middle click.

It is about long quotes. :wink:

Amen.

[quote=Persechini]

:+1: …. +1

Nice………… :+1:

[quote=teacher]

Amen.

Yeah, a multi quote button may ease up on the bandwidth a little here…

[quote=teacher]

Amen.

Teacher, Very nice! :+1: