Please someone mod this, overseas lights keep getting crazier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_moJoyEWhs]

Maybe, but not at 555mA…

pics on those video vs the videos themselves look completely different lol. Pretty sure anything in my thrower case from circa 2012 can beat it.

LOL well they had to add a zero to the lumens number so they had to steal a zero somewhere…

Da-Damm. This bazooka is starting to look like one awsome host!! Its making a MT-G2 beam look like a Olson flat black! I think I’m going to get one!

Illuminating something with a tiny hot spot that is a mile away is really, really useful.

Like anyone can see human activity that far away……but then, we always have to be on the lookout for those glowing 8’ alien blobs……

a good host for a CFT 90 emitter.

I like the TC20 and thought it was the prefect flashlight, but just outside EDC.

My question is…why modify downward? The XP70 on it is pretty powerful, although it could use more efficiency.

Because I’m not able to accept the tint shift from 70.2. It looks awful to me. MT-G2, despite its lower efficiency, has a much better quality.

I know what you mean by tint. I got a few Thorfires in the last few weeks and last night, it “occurred” to me to pint them at a white ceiling. I saw the olive tint, rings and pretty much what people complain about.

BUT……for me, these are flashlight and tint the field is not so apparent. I’m much more bothered by the beam pattern then tint. I hate hot spots because when I walk with one that has a small hot spot, it bounces with my movements and of course, my eyes follow. Half an hour of this aggravates me.

One day……not to distant future….there will be an affordable TC20 like light in my future that will be perfect! lol

Wow, I can’t wait to hear your impressions and see what a mod would look like. Keep us posted please!

If it’s not built like a tin can…

I was thinking mp3 player and a small subwoofer.

Then flash the driver with Anduril and run the light in candle mode.

This will probably start a flame war but I have a different outlook on this light. I am an avid DIYer when it comes to LED lights in my home but have never modified a flashlight. Why would anyone spend $200 on this over-hyped flashlight and then turn around and spend a bunch more on trying to make it meet your needs? It’s obviously just a big case with a slightly better than average LED. Wouldn’t it make more sense to spend those $200 on one from a trusted flashlight manufacturer who puts out an honest description of the light? BTW, if you can’t trust the specs, why do you think the picture of the light in actual operation isn’t just as phony?

FWIW
My X6 with 9V MT-G2 does 4657 lumens with 3 Samsung 30Q cells, tail current shows 9.9A. Forward Voltage should be in the 11.xxV range.

Sure… but as the description says, 8.4V… It’d be a miracle if this had Samsung batteries in it. I think if I had to take a $200 roll of the dice I’d rather do it in AC or Vegas than with an international eBay vendor.

8.4V to a 9V or 36V emitter would require a Boost driver. Doable, I have no idea what their set up is I just know the MG-G2 does indeed show capability of coming close to the advertised 5000 lumens, certainly not at 20W though.

I mod virtually every light, $800, $400 or $12, so I only see the potential for what I might be able to do with it not what it is in current form. Some 600 builds behind me gives me that perspective I guess. I wouldn’t buy this light for a number of reasons, but I love the MT-G2 and have quite a few, so I know what the emitter can do and what it looks like doing it. Throw, not likely, the surface is way too large with it’s array of 84 small dies….

If the reflector and host are good quality, $200 would be a fair price regardless of emitter and accompanying electronics. Size matters when it comes to throw, heat dissipation, and energy storage. This light might have the potential to be a real winner for folks that like to mod throwers. Of course, more than size is needed. Quality materials, machining, and design are still unknown.

Judging by the flat base around the MT-G2 the reflector is much too shallow to be a good thrower. Lot of variables in play of course, but look at what Vestureofblood did with a GT, by putting a large COB in it he did increase the output considerably but throw suffered greatly as well because of the much larger die surface. Still a very neat light, so this one may have potential for a lot of people. Price does seem rather high, would like to see inside it…

Some might pay that just for the reflector. It's a gamble, but to get a reflector that large already built into a host is very unique and uncommon. I'd assume the batteries are in some sort of pack configuration - this is all part of the risk factors, but hopefully it's in a usable state, or can be easily modded to support the voltage a custom driver can work with. If it's a 6V MT-G2, at least to do a simple LED swap, maybe a sliced XHP70.2 or XHP50.2 might be the best option - we don't have a real thrower 6V LED, least I think.