Q8 Dual footprint, quad LED copper DTP LEDboard interest List

If we are starting an interest list, I’m in for a couple boards.

3 boards please. I’m happy to pay up front.

Thanks!

In for a couple of them, too.

It would have been really nice if thorfire would have just included these from the factory. They add no cost to the build but sadly we have not quite got manufactures to the point of thinking ahead past the current light they are working on.

Fact is an xhp50.2 based Q8 would be a very viable and usable light. Like I said, they could make around 10k lumens for the same amount of power and heat as the current version makes ~6k lumens. Plus it would peak at around 15k+ lumens depending on the driver used.

They could easily double the price and it would still be a massive bargain as it will cost almost that much to complete the mods ourselves.

Sorry to hear that Doc, I hope all goes well.

Right, So in twenty two and a half hours TheOnlyDocc managed to get a ballpark quote and there are already … twenty two boards spoken for. Indeed TA, it would have been better if ThorFire had used the designs that you came up with for the actual LED board. Maybe next group design, especially if things continue to go well.

TheOnlyDocc 1
CrashOne 1
Jtm94 1?
DaviEF 1?
Hank 1
k-wong 1
Texas_Ace 2
Tom E 2
Wieselflinkpro 3
PBWilson 1
feralcomprehension 3
Mr.Scott 1
Lazy-R-us 2
Caleb 3
vulpes 2
dekozn 1
zoysiamo 2
amplificus 1?
Keisari 3
ImA4Wheelr 2
patmet 1

Current to post - 100
Interest in 35 boards.

A XHP50.2 based Q8 would change the character of the Q8 a bit though. What I appreciate about the Q8 prototype a lot is that it is somewhat throwy; it will illuminate things well that are in medium range, with XHP50.2’s it will be, despite the increased lumens, very much a flooder.

I have an Olight X7 that puts out 7400 lumen (I changed the leds to 3000K warm white) and is an extreme flooder, the Q8 has similar size and weight but I find it more convenient because of its more concentrated beam.

As it looks now there might be a chance that we’re going to need new MPCBs for he Q8 with the de-laminating happening on at least one of the proto3 lights. So wouldn’t it be possible to combine it and let thorfire sell them separately or even together (at an extra cost) when the Q8 comes out?

Oh, I was not saying that the Q8 should have come with 50.2’s. I was saying it should come with the dual footprint mcpcb.

A 50.2 version of the Q8 would indeed be a very different light, which is why it could easily be sold alongside the Q8 without competing against it. Simply smart business to reuse the Q8 design for another light.

You can also put me down for at least 2 of the mcpcb’s. Most likely I would end up with more but that comes down to budget.

At $3 each or less I'd be in for 3.

I’d be in for one, I’m all about flood.
Would an XML2 make it more floody? Don’t think I’ll be up to make the Q8 2S2P or 4S unless I find budget to buy 2 Q8 and a new driver.
But no matter what I’d buy one board.

An XM-L2 will cause a comparable beam to the stock XP-L, the die size is the same, just the dome is a bit different.

I see thanks, I was thinking because of the different footprint the die size would also be different? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

At that price, I’m interested in two - although I agree it would make most sense, if possible, for Banggood to fulfill the orders!

Sorry guys tomorrow i will be back. But today i will drink and smoke one or two.

Krümel 2002-2017
, , , , ,

Very sorry for your loss.

Take your time. The little fuzzy buggers leave such a large hole in our lives when they go.

Begrenzt ist das Leben - unendlich die Erinnerung

Dang wanted to ask how it went, sad :cry:
Sorry for your loss