Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

It certainly is but again, we all started somewhere and now we know what we know. Why do we have to shield society from the usage of LiIon? It’s like anything - safe use and education and there should be no issues.
We aren’t automatically “smarter” than the Joe Average because we are members here, this just happens to be our thing. There is nothing stopping us doing exaclty as you mentioned. No more or less than anyone wanting to buy/learn about LiIon lights. I think some people don’t want ‘outsiders’ to know what we know, and own what we own. That’s the impression I’m getting, at least.
I’m not sure how ANY of us would even be members here if we didn’t branch out to LiIon and multi LiIon. Makes no sense to assume we are the almighty.

Don’t think we should or can :wink: shield anybody from using it
Yet gifting a light with li ion cell means for me it must have good charging build in
The Q8 has not and uses 4 cells SK I only see me gift it to somebody who knows about li ion because if I gift something I feel kind of responsible where if somebody buys something comparable in safety to lots of existing products, well not.

Hmm if people gonna buy 12 or even 25 when on the list for 1 or 2 this could become a problem if that happens 20 times people on the list could be in for a long wait.
Hmm maybe ask Thorfire to make twice the number on the list, limit sale to 2 lights per customer for the first two weeks when it gets available?

I fully understand that aspect of it. Bit cripes, has anyone gifted a Samsung S7 firebomb?
My point is things can and do go wrong with many many things in every day life. I don’t not drive because I could possibly crash.
Sure there may be people we know that won’t listen to advice no question there. But I just feel generalising non LiIon users is a bit wrong.
Where did these people who wont gift LiIon get their knowledge from?..……we all started knowing nothing……

Heheh true but I plan on give my son a nice French convertible and not a real sports car when he has his licence :wink:

I was just going to write much the same thing, but I was going to write “dragster”.

Baby steps. Walk, then run.

Peugeot 206cc ?? :smiley:
Nothing says “I’m French” more than a Coupe Cabriolet :smiley:

Price notwithstanding, I don’t know anyone in my non-internet life that I would gift this hot rod light with four lithium cells to. I would just worry too much.

to this day, my favorite lite is my original (era) SRK! I have lots of other lights but this is just my camping outdoor goto light. I have a best friend that camps with a fifth wheeler and I know from experience that after dark, backing one of those into a space at a camp ground without adequate light can be a B*! I gave him an SRK with 4 quality lions and an nitecore I4 charger. He absolutely loves it. As soon as this Q8 is available he will have one of those as well. I did give him the safety drill and I have no worries.

I think for the most part, the market for a light like this is self limiting, too much money for most and too “techy”. I for one feel strongly that we need not to breed the stupid factor into our decisions. I mean really, look at amazon, search for li-on batteries, 24,404 results! How do we save the public from that?

ken

We aren’t? :smiley: I can see the logo in my head… a LED with a narrow beam shining from the apex, resting on a massive slab of copper. Being a member requires buying at least one new light every year and always having more than you can use.

Jokes aside, I wouldn’t gift a Q8 to just anyone either. It’s not about “average Joe” being more stupid, it’s about him not caring to learn how to handle cells properly. This can be explained to a lot of people but not to everyone.

Please put me in for one. If possible with non-fake 8x batteries

Miller, I wouldn’t buy 12 unless I’d spoken for 12. I have spoken for two at the present, if and when I know I’ve got the money for it I’ll speak up for more. If I don’t have the money for it before the group buy ends, then I’ll just miss out (or friends of friends will, I’ll have MINE!) :slight_smile: I would pass on the group buy savings to anyone I bought a light for, if I didn’t gift it outright. I don’t necessarily think it’s a good idea to invite a bunch of people into the forum that have no prior lean towards flashaholism, to save their bank account and to save us the input of a ton of enthusiastic well wishers. Anyone that expresses interest I guide to the forum, of course.

Anyone with an internet connection can find Budget Light Forum and get in on this deal. There’s no restriction, we have a lot of new members already and we have a lot of lurkers that haven’t signed up. Anyone can get in on this group buy or any other by simply signing up and saying “I’m in”

I see a lot of people with very few posts having very large opinions, and of course that’s just normal because we all have our side of the story. For me, though, with several hundred builds behind me and known flashaholics putting cells in backwards at times, I have seen first hand that things have a way of finding balance… a spring melts, the switch melts, something smaller almost always happens before anything big does. That said, any new member with zip understanding can learn, as have we all.

I told my brother-in-law the dangers, made sure he understood that this is more serious than any run-of-the-mill light off a shelf somewhere and as such it needs that extra precaution. He saw the power of the light and he gets it. He never knew about 18650 cells, didn’t have a clue there were lights such as these available, and I’m pretty sure he’ll take good care of it. He is, after all, a grown man and he’s been making decisions on his own for a while now. :wink: He will also, most likely, become a member. :wink:

I would like to be put on the list for one!

Sss Dale, it was ideal to ask Thorfire they should make at least 1600 in the first run :wink:

Rsqweezy, welcome to BLF!
Will update OP later!

Thank you

Put me in coach! I want on the list, 1 unit pls.

Hello, can I get in on one to if its not to late?

Welcome to BLF!

Nope…

…not too late :smiley:
Will update the list later :wink:

Yayyyyy. Thanks!!!

If it’s still possible to get in, I’d like to buy one.

Oh heck, better put me down for a second light. I know I will want one in original and one to mod anyways. :slight_smile: