Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

I ordered early (between the 200-300) I payed extra for faster shippment and got the shipped info (Sep/08/2017 19:02:00) including a Tracking number. But until know no tracking info or status updates. Do not get me wrong. I am happy to get the Q8 for this awsome price. But the whole shipping process and the flow of information is a mess.

I put DC-Fix on lots of lights. For example, the golden SRK on the front page of BLF? That one is mine, and it has DC-Fix on its lens. It’s a happy light:

The Q8 is, incidentally, originally intended to bring back the old good-quality SRKs, like that one. The old ones were pretty nice but newer ones had so much quality reduction that they were mostly junk. However, the Q8 went well beyond that original goal and became something better than all its predecessors. It doesn’t just bring the old SRK back, it leapfrogs the old lights entirely to give us something totally new.

I write something about Liion batteries and BG policy.
I had put 3 orders of 30Qs.4+4+8 pcs all in the so called protected box,and by priority mail.I received the first 4pcs of them on time,I see that the second order is delayed,and that the third 8pcs,declared back order in my order details page.
Going to the items page,4PCS Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh ungeschützte Knopf Oberseite 18650 Batterie M Sale - Banggood Deutschland sold out-arrival notice-arrival notice see that they Sold Out Currently,which means that they don’t send to Greece.
So,I see that it is a weird policy at least,because why they send the first 4pcs,and don’t send the other ones?
The orders were put at 08/23, 08/25,and 09/09.I received the second one,but not the other two. :person_facepalming:
Edit.
I received a email from BG saying that they give me a refund for my order.

That don’t work. FedEx says it’s an invalid number.

Check your tracking number at http://www.17track.net/en . They probably can’t find it but you have an option to select a carrier. Select “DPD (hk)” and it should show up. I think 17track remembers the carrier for the tracking number and a bit later you can see the tracking info at banggood site, too.

This is a good sign the 2nd batch has started. I just got a DHL tracking # on the one I ordered with expedited shipping, and just shows they recv'd the shipping info at Singapore. This is looking like they deferred the expedited shipping orders to the 2nd batch, or had a 5-6 day delay on these for some reason.

Thanks Lopan!

That was me, thanks for the shout-out! :partying_face:

I really like the ‘quick release’ option.

I think your mount will be plenty strong, and certainly cheaper than the truss mount. Nice work!

At least it’s going to be way more interesting than all those tracking status updates.

Just checked FedEx tracking number, they have it now and scheduled for delivery by Friday 9/15!

Whoa da. My FedEx scheduled deliveries are out to Sep 21st , but makes sense because of west coast/east coast.

“Arrived in Hongkong. Waiting to fly away.”
Have the the same tracking message for 2 lights. Deeply hope they don’t fly away …
Seriously - after all tracking experiences I wouldn’t be astonished if they actually are close to my country already.

wow ordered within first 300 and still backordered. will give it another week

and then?

Heheh +1
Though I kind of guess my first Q8 will be tagging along so reading how shipping goes is a little bit neat :wink:
Yet the real life user experiences is what I am waiting for, heck yeah!

today banggood wrote to me that it cann’t deliver 30Q batteries to my country :frowning:

See here: Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light - #9970 by djozz

Look up camera tripod socket mounts meant for handlebars.
Check the depth of the threaded bolt, make sure it’s not long enough to punch through the bottom of the threaded hole in the flashlight
(that’s happened to cameras in the past, cautionary)

Would you trust the tripod socket for mounting on a bike? I’m sure it can hold the light still but all the shocks a bike is subject to make me a bit wary for a light this large. Could be just paranoia of course, I don’t know the actual strength of the socket.

When I followed the above directions this what i got…

So apparently mine have made it to the USA!

2017-09-11 09:00 LCJ - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Custom clearance completed
2017-09-11 04:20 LCJ - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Arrived at LOS ANGELES, Custom clearance processing.
2017-09-11 02:48 HONGKONG - HONG KONG, Departed Facility in HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
2017-09-09 15:00 HONGKONG - HONG KONG, Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
2017-09-09 04:55 SHENZHEN, Departed Facility in SHENZHEN
2017-09-09 04:55 SHENZHEN, Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN
2017-09-08 01:43 Shipment information received

Still not showing up with fed ex though on their site…. Just saying it is in california

You need 2 more steps there - arrive at the FedEx center in LA, then shipped out from same place -- then it's on it's ride due east. Those two steps will show in the FedEx tracking. Bad news is the MF01 I ordered from BG was shipped from FedEx LA on Sep 8th and that was the last update, shows scheduled delivery for the 16th. Other BG FedEx orders recently went a bit quicker, maybe the storms...