Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Oops, forgot to specify in the GIFs.

Yes, it’s the DQG Tiny 26650 III, 7x XP-G2 in neutral white.

Has anyone from the UK who ordered and paid on the 7th had there Q8 delivered yet ? . I had shipping confirmation on the 9th of September my expected delivery date was the 22nd according to Banggoods order detail section . My tracking info is a number that tells me its not found im starting to think it may be lost . Has anyone had this problem with shipping ? . Thanks for reading .

That would be no problem… I seem to have plenty. :person_facepalming: . :wink:
Seems I can’t seem to locate the minimalistic button… lord knows I need to probably. Knives… got plenty. Same with hunting stuff.
Fishing… your statement made me smile. :slight_smile: I know exactly what you mean. I got gear for tiny trout up to Grander Blue Marlin or bigger…. And anything in between. :person_facepalming: It’s a sickness I tell you. :wink:
We’ll shoot for it sometime late fall or early winter if you want to.
Take care……

Not comparing. When i saw the photo earlier (the one i thought u posted) the Q8 beamshot looks throwy with less spill so i thought Q8 is a throwy light but after goshdogit posted some beamshot i realised it has a good spill too (i prefer spill)

:+1:

I think the X6R is a good facsimile of a C8, so let’s move on with the comparison.

Let’s say the C8 has about 1000 lumen and the Q8 has about 6000 lumen. Both lights have about the same throw, 500 to 550 meters. The big difference is that the Q8’s hot spot has about 6 times the surface area of the C8’s hot spot. Goshdogit’s gif is perfect for showing this. The spill of the Q8 is much brighter as well.

So is the Q8 floodier or throwier? I’d say the Q8 is floodier, but not floody. It’s got a good combo of both. A general purpose light. Good throw and good spill.

As far as I know if exceed 5 weeks it is usually missing & might get a refund. If u contact CS most of the time they will ask you to wait for it if less than 5 weeks. just my personal experience after hundreds of purchases from many online store besides BG. :innocent:

Today (25th) I just received some other things (to UK), ordered from Banggood on the 9th, but there is still no tracking information (“not found”) even though I have them in my hand.

This is quite a normal situation in my experience. Not just Banggood.

Often the tracking info springs into life only after I have signed for it, with Royal Mail.

In any case, the Q8s were sent direct from Thorfire I think. Best just be patient and be pleasantly surprised when it turns up. I wouldn’t take much notice of tracking info, or lack of it.

I think, once despatched, the way stuff gets routed by the carriers is out of their hands, and sometimes it can seem bizzare the way things get routed, different every time, once you see the tracking.

I’ve had stuff from China to UK in as little as 7 days, or as long as 4 weeks, but never had anything lost so far (touch wood).

Actually every time I get stuff it seems like a minor miracle that it can come from so far away, at so little cost.

Thank you both for the replies .

Ha ha, sorry, it took me 30 minutes to write my last post. Now I see you don’t really need a comparison. Too late. :slight_smile:

I reposted xCentrino’s Q8 picture from a couple pages back. Did you see it? He posted a slide show. I had to go back and flip through the pics myself because I didn’t realize it was slideshow.

Here is the post. Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light - #13786 by xCentrino

All his pics are a bit dark, so it’s not very representative of what you see in real life.

I know for a fact bella-headlight ordered two on the 7th & received two on the 21st. He is in Cardiff.
He’ll be back on here in a while most likely if you have any more specefic questions.
I do not think his tracking was very accurate…. Seems it still said packages were still waiting to ‘FLY AWAY’ when they were delivered. :wink:

The argument is valid, but to me it seems that the hotspots of both lights are pretty well formed at 3 meter, I see no clear difference with 7 meter.

Me :slight_smile:
Ordered 2 & paid on the 7th & they both arrived on the 21st, 14 days from ordering till arriving :+1:
Is your tracking number just digits no letters ?
If so have you tried entering it in the DPD (HK) site ?
That is where I was able to get some tracking info, although there was no info from the time it reached Hong Kong airport, on the 11th, until it arrived on my doorstep.
I couldn”t get any tracking info from BG site or 17track.

Received my first Q8 today.
Didn’t ordered my 2 units the same day, the second one will be send when the next batch will be ready.

Can’t be seen on the picture but the green LED on the left is dimmer than the one on the right. It’s a nice feature for complete darkness…if the LED on the left is the brightest, then I will know that i’m not holding the Q8 pointed in the right direction.

The battery plate is not centered and could have been larger in diameter but all 4 screws are OK. No problem to unscrew and to screw them back.

Threads need to be cleaned.

Driver’s screws are OK. Again no problem to unscrew or to screw them back.

M2.5 screw holes threaded by the M3 screws.

And resulting driver plate’s dust by this forced threading. Didn’t unscrew the reflector.

Soldering work looks good.

Thanks a lot to everyone involved in making the Q8. Keep up the great work ! :+1:

Hahaha Tally-ho “pointing the wrong way” :smiley:

Yeah tracking is very unreliable.
We are 18 days in, less then three weeks, no reason for concern

For whoever asked a few pages ago, sorry I don’t have a picture with the diffuser. On another note, I was pleased how accurate the 3-click voltage readout appears to be. After a weekend of use all 4 cells were still above 4.0V, verified by a voltmeter.

Oh & I had shipping confirmation on the 9th also.
As The Miller says it is only just over a fortnight since your shipping confirmation of the 9th so no cause for concern.

That’s good to hear. For comparison I have a x4 emitter SRK clone which would look horrible at that short a distance (looks like 4 torches side by side), but in rear-world use is great. Likewise a C8 that has a hole in the hotspot at short range, but is correctly focussed at useful distances. “It all depends” I suppose. The good news is that the C8 seems to be focussed very well, no need to mess about shaving emitter spacing rings etc.

The picture you were referring to is the Klarus XT11s. This picture same tree/distance is the Q8. The pictures were labeled in the album/slide show.

Again, I was trying to distract from all the nonsense useless posts and admit I don’t have the best camera to do the Q8 justice.

Oh wow. At first I didn’t notice it was a slide show. Then I didn’t notice the little description down on the left. My bad. I though they were all Q8 pics.

I just deleted that earlier post so as not to cause any more confusion.

I didn’t want to post a bunch of full size pictures, so went with the slide show/album. If you clicked on it, it would go to imgur and show bigger pictures.