Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Huh. My two Q8s have the green switch LEDs on the left brighter than the ones on the right.

Good point about knowing which way the light is pointed before turning it on.

Are you looking from behind or in front of the light hank?

My 2 that have a dimmer light on the left are being looked at from the rear (tail cap end).

When the lights are tailstanding, lens up, “BLF * Q8” in the correct orientation, my switch LEDs are brighter on the left — on the “BLF” side of the engraving on the front of the light.

Ok, thanks hank. That is opposite of my two.

May I ask where you buy XHP70.2 4000K 80CRI? The tint looks great!

Hi all, for those of you who’s lights have been shipped and haven’t been showing any information, my light was delivered in the US on the 21st. (might be here soon! :smiley: ) Only now, tracking information shows up because banggood left out the first two numbers from the tracking number. lol. The first numbers were ‘92’ if that helps anyone.

No, the Mtn version is not 80CRI, I got mine from Mouser. , and the tint is indeed really nice :slight_smile:

I just reciving the mine, It is working perfect.

Regards!

MTN doesn’t list Cree Order Code or Bin Code. It looks like XHP70.2 40E(4000k/70CRI). I’m looking for XHP70.2 40H(2-step/4000k/80CRI) or 40G(3-step/4000k/80CRI).

Thanks! I found it.

I have the mtnelec emitter (XHP70.2 4000k 70CRI) in my L6. The tint is not as nice as that picture above looks. Its okay, but its definitely more yellowish, especially in the corona. Sure is bright though…

Just wanted to say, I’ve gone through my first battery cycle, with no issues. Battery voltage was 3.3v on all batteries on my dmm when checked. I have been using it for a week straight ( night, day, in bed :person_facepalming: ) I’ve tried everything I could think to make it malfunction, with no luck. Went through the list of things to check, and there were little things like adhesive on the tail PCB contact points, and the holes on the driver (although, I had good contact with the battery tube), so I enlarged them. Screw heads were all fine, and still are. Switch Led’s are equal. I did do a spring bypass like Vwpieces with 22awg, that slips through the via.
Unfortunate, that some seem to be having some issues, but they seem to be few. I’m sure the majority of the initial 500, have been received. Thorfire has always been good at rectifying any problems I’ve encountered.
I ordered the second of my GB request, today. :+1:

Thanks to the BLF members involved in putting this together… It is truly an exceptional light.

Good to read Dusty!

And more good experiences nice.

I was too excited when mine came to get four new cells out and split the 4 30Qs of the proto to be able to play side by side with cells in exact same voltage
Gonna use them till 3V, charge and back in one light and then do the 30Q vs Panasonics bit it may indeed take some time only went from 4,1 to 3,7v today :wink:

There have been reports on the news about the sun NOT setting in your area. That was YOU! :person_facepalming: :smiling_imp:

I can’t wait until mhanlen gets his Q8.

I hope he’s planning a video review of it on his YouTube channel .

I can almost hear him now:

“And now, the runtime tests. Moonlight mode runs for about seventy-five thousand minutes before LVP kicks in…” :smiley:

wishing these were my words……

I just ordered my second light without having the first.

Ha!

I especially love his beam comparisons toward the end of his videos. It gives me a great deal of info in a short amount of time.