Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

Well, the majority maybe; but not all.

Yeah saw it. I didn’t know it was a slide show too until I clicked on it….LoL :smiley:

Now I know the less spill & throwy looking beamshot photo (below)

which I thought was yours earlier is actually XT11S beamshot not Q8 :wink:

A former coworker who is now retired had a Kawasaki H1, Special Forces soldier in Viet Nam, bought just after returning home and took on a trip all over the US visiting fellow soldier friends. Did something like 8000 miles in 11 days. Got home and sold it at 2 weeks old and 8000 miles. Did the same thing again around 1983 on a Honda Shadow 500. On the first trip in the 70’s he was in the southwest desert somewhere in Arizona or California and noticed a large group of bikers approaching from behind. Turned out to be 125 to 150 Hell’s Angels.

The Miller: Could I get a coupon to buy a second unit?

PS: The first one was shipped but still on the way

Diffuser ready (arrived today) & 4 x 30Q ready (arrived last week) but my Q8 not even manufactured yet…. :smiley: :smiley:

wish i can joined the fun but my Q8 have yet to arrived, should be in my hand this week. hopefully.
btw. my 30Q order from Banggood got canceled. oh well.

I’ve got an email few minuts ago, my order was cancelled :frowning:

So, I checked in orders page and appears for me the status “Order Canceled ” :confounded:

No problem……. :person_facepalming:

Eh? Did BG cancel your order?

My switch LED went out 3-4 days ago and haven’t been working since. It was flickering before it went out completely :cry:

Hang in there
The Q8 with strangest led switch issues is going to be swapped with a good one from Tom.
The switch leds on this one can come back on randomly so there is something going on, while it just stands there.
This is good to examine in depth, for it is not even clear if it is the switch assembly or something else with worse case a driver thing. We need to see that one up close, also to check if it can just other and future projects.

Hmm was it just a Q8 or an order with cells as well?
Did you try re order?

Argh, will add you to list.
Please can you make pics of switch assembly?

Of somebody sees the flicker indicating it might be a switch led issue please shoot a video of it, that is helpful too.

Sorry, I’m not sure how to remove the rubber to get a picture of the switch assembly

Countdown to GB Deadline

Hi,
adding another positive report to the party. Received the first of two Q8s yesterday, after some address confusion/clarification by sender DPD/Hermes, seems BG messed up some lines of my address on the label and they had to manually check and relabel my package.
Happy to report the Q8 arrived in mint condition and is working flawlessly. Switch LEDs are working, but with uneven brightness, I don´t care. Wish they would be a bit dimmer though, it´s really disturbingly bright in a dark room when your eyes have accommodated to the darkness. Switch has a nice feel and click, ramping is ultra smooth, really fantastic.
Main threads came nicely lubed, positive ring showed slight usage marks meaning the light has been tested, threads and screws in the head are ok.
Im really suprised about the relatively tight hot spot for such tiny reflectors, and to be honest if I had the choice I´d probably wish the light would be a bit floodier, but overall it´s a nice beam pattern. Since my 4 new button Top 30Qs are still on the way from China I fired it up with 4 Samsung 25Rs. Comparing it to my JetBeam T6 (which also has 4 XP-L LEDs inside, rated 4300 lumens, but cold white) I don´t seem to get the expected lumens output of > 5000 lumens, and of course the T6 has even a tighter hotspot because of the larger reflector.
But overall the Q8 is on par with the much larger and heavier T6 and the much more versatile light.
Hope the second one will be good too.
So I´m a happy customer and want to say a big THANK YOU to The Miller, the team and ThorFire for making this happen!
K.

Wow that jetbeam T6 is a monster for sure.
It is kind of cool to see the Q8 compared with Meteors, MF01, and now this beast! Just the fact that people try them out side by side is nice.

1702 pre orders now and a list that reached 1750
meaning BLF and CPF have ordered ~97% or lights spoken for, pretty awesome! Thanks!

GP Deadline?
On topic: My light is working great still. Even leds and it even lines up now after using it a while.

Need to lube the threads as the lube was non existent on mine
Also locking out doesnt work as great as in the beginning anymore. Almost as it makes contact. I need to turn it a few times more

The new switch led assembly is going to be made as bright as the prototypes, a little less bright as the first 500.

Proper screws are being used, the tail assembly is properly cleaned.
Total assembly is supposed to be done with the same care as was used for the prototypes.

And an update in how shipping will go down.
The new Q8 flashlights will be send to Banggood warehouse when done.
There they will send them out ASAP.
First shipped out to those who paid extra for faster shipping.
Then the rest

This has a reason, there is a long holiday coming and Banggood will have people working for the Q8 shippings during that time.

PS, those with issues, hang in there we will present a solution.
People encountering an issue please post.

Sounds like good plans Miller, well arranged :slight_smile:

Here is the best way.

Got mine last night here in Bulgaria. Love it! It is working perfectly so far. Great job guys! I just have to figure out how to switch between ramping and all the modes. I have the cheat sheet that came with it, which I’m sure is clear to many, but not quite for this guy. I might need a “diagram for dummies”.