Rating: [BG] BangGood.com

I was going to ignore this , but I remembered that you are closely associated with Banggood, and now lamely defending them in a Banggood rating thread. I guess you don’t care about your credibility.

tarver, you seem to think that people only act out of interest and profit.

This is a forum devoted to a hobby, and even though there are people and companies over here who are actually making (most just a little) money, there is a very high likelyhood that posts are written, and even entire development projects are set-up (failing or not) out of mere enthousiasm for flashlights (even by the ones who are actually manage to earn a living from it).

Please consider enthousiasm for flashlights as a possible motivation for being active on this forum, it will lighten your and our day.

My experience with Banggood has been positive. I purchased three Thorfire VG10 flashlights over the past two months. All work fine. They have good tints, finishes, removable retaining rings that hold the drivers in place. I have been fortunate neither Banggood, Fastech, or Gearbest has ever sent me defective merchandise. The flashlights gods have smiled down on me so far.

I’m done with them. After the Cometa fiasco and other minor shipping issues, this was the last straw.

Gifted a friend with a flashlight from Banggood last month and she asked me to buy 5 for her to give as gifts.

When I placed the order, even though it was a shipment to the US (one state away from CA) from the US warehouse and the product listing said “Free Shipping…via USPS”, the only option I was given at checkout was DHL for $4.56. This was my 9th order from them in 6 months and the first time a shipping fee was mandatory. And, DHL for a US to US shipment?

Received the lights Monday. DHL never had tracking for it. USPS tracked it from California until the mailman handed it to me. I wrote Banggood and said that if they had actually used DHL, fair was fair, but since they used USPS, which should have been free, I expected a prompt refund of the shipping fee. I also went to their site and went through the exercise of creating (then deleting) an identical order. This was one week after placing my order. The only shipping option given this time was USPS at no charge.

The first response was a canned one, telling me how long delivery should take. I wrote back, asking if they actually read my email, the first words of which were “I received my order today”. I again explained, very carefully, my request for a refund. They responded that the order was shipped via “dgm ground service” (sic), whatever that is, and since it arrived within the normal shipping window (true) they could not refund the shipping cost.

I responded that they lost a customer over a $4.56 charge that should not have been made.

The first leg of that shipment was probably via DHL. UPS has a similar service called UPS Mail Innovations where the first leg is via UPS and then the package gets handed off to your local USPS for delivery. Unfortunately the “innovation” in this service refers to taking twice as long to deliver your package.

Jeff - Did you order from the US Warehouse or the China Warehouse.?

Banggood said in both responses that shipment was by “dgm ground service”. Just Googled it and it appears to be part of DHL. Okay. Per USPS tracking, it appears they didn’t get their hands on the package until
it arrived in my town. Again, okay. So DHL was part of the process.

I still had to pay shipping on an item with a sales page that says shipping to the US is free. And yes, it took longer than just shipping by USPS would have taken — as you say, about twice as long.

US warehouse. That’s why I was puzzled by only having DHL as a shipping choice. This was my 9th Banggood purchase just in the past 6 months — never had to select DHL before. Also, I had purchased one of the same flashlight a month ago, also from the US warehouse — shipping default was free via USPS.

I know this doesn’t make sense — I assume it was a glitch on the website as entering the exact same order now yields the correct shipping options. All the more reason for Banggood to issue a refund of the shipping cost, rather than saying, “Well, you received the order so there’s nothing we have to do”.

No matter what his motivation, it just looks underhanded. So i had to point it out.
——-

of course i believe everyone should speak their mind, and i realize i have been sort of
“on the warpath” lately, so maybe i look too argumentative. I would have ignored him since i am done arguing about blame in the cometa disaster. But he said there are NO villans here. I say that he is wrong, there are villans in the cometa disaster.
So he said this totally inaccurate statement while being a banggood shill defending banggood in a banggood rating thread without full disclosure that he is a banggood shill.
——
——

No matter what his motivation, it just looks underhanded. So i had to point it out.
——
——

There are too many shills on BLF who do not ever fully disclose that they have financial ties to a seller they are discussing. This is misleading to new and naive members of BLF, and can cause bad decisions when making purchases.
The bad behaviour of some shills is one of the few flaws with the BLF site, and a sore spot with many members.
Some of the members who have abandoned the site are said to have done so because of shills and too many affiliate links, etc…
I am always happy to discuss issues with you, you are a level headed guy, and if i am ever wrong, i will be the first to admit it. I ask all to approach me logically and i will do my best to do the same. Unless i am having a fit of comic genius, and then please take the bait, or leave me alone.
best wishes to all… almost all

What are people’s experience with the “Priority Direct Mail” shipping option to the U.S.? Is it actually faster than “Air Parcel Register”?

They mail the item to the U.S.A. and then its mailed to the buyer.

Do Bang good ever reply to emails? Sent an email been about 4 days ago no response. Opened a paypal dispute 2 days ago, no response.

Chinese holiday

Don’t say it. I have been waiting for my Astrolux S41 in 21 days now. Still on the airport in China somewhere.

they are back tomorrow

today is the last day of the dragon boat festival afaik

Orders are still being fulfilled though. Oh well maybe ill get a response tomorrow

I have received items in the US that were still at the airport in China, according to tracking :wink:

I’ve had 2 items go missing so far this year, one from Banggood and one from Gearbest.

When I inquired, Banggood immediately resent me a new item at no charge, even though I didn’t pay for tracking or insurance on the original.

Gearbest is still telling me to wait, even though I paid for tracking and insurance on the item, and it clearly indicates the item is lost.

I’m hoping GB eventually comes through, but my dealing with BG was a lot easier.

Banggood Customer Service has sent me emails in response to my shipping cost complaint on June 7, 8 and 9. Holiday or not, they’re responding. Still insisting that even though the product page says “Free shipping”, there is no free shipping on my order of 5 pieces.

And amazingly, today’s response:

“About your order 15138128, we are aware of the wrong information on the webpage.
If you add them to the shopping cart, you will see there isn’t free shipping for it.”

Essentially, we know you’re going to be charged more than the product page indicates, but we’re not fixing the error — you’ll just have to pay more.

Again, I’m done with them.