Rating: [BG] BangGood.com

Unless they tried to charge you more than what they showed as the cost in your cart, I’m not sure there’s much to complain about other than an error on the initial web page. I always check my cart to make sure the items and shipping are what I expect them to be. If not, I simply don’t order. I certainly don’t go ahead and order, then try to get my money back.

An order for my own use, sure. This was a favor for a friend who wanted the lights as soon as possible for gifts. I went ahead with the order, figuring I missed something on the product page, then I ate the shipping rather than pass it along.

It’s not the $4.56, it’s the attitude at Banggood, as typified by the other complaints here and the runaround in the Cometa fiasco. Yes, I’ve got one of them. I ate the cost on that, too, rather than going through the hassle of making a claim, sending pics/video/ad infinitum. Been through that with other Chinese vendors.

I’m going to stick with US vendors from here on out — a little more cost, usually a lot more service. YMMV.

Well, service can suck no matter what country it comes from. Usually, you get better service if you pay more for stuff, but that’s not always the case. I’ve had awful service from US companies, too.

I’m not sure I’d call the service you got from Banggood bad. They told you that the web page was wrong, but they did give you the correct costs for shipping in your cart. You didn’t have to order it. It wasn’t “good” service, but it’s about what I’d expect from most companies (foreign or domestic).

I ordered an S41(XP-G2) while it was in the pre-order state. When I placed my order, the order page stated the item would be in stock and was expected to ship on 5/31 however when I checked on it on 6/2 they said that it was now out of stock and would not ship until 6/5, then on 6/7 they sent me an email saying it wouldnt ship until 6/15. Now, when I check ‘my online account’ invoice they tell me that it will not ship until 6/27 and when I emailed them questioning them about that date, I was told even “The coming date is not sure yet”..... so it may not even ship then. At this point, I have no reason to believe anything they tell me.It is likely it may not ship more than a month after ordering...... even though I was led to believe the item was in stock when I originally ordered it.

Let me be clear..... Its not the "wait" that I mind....... its being intentionally mislead. This isnt the first time this has happened to me with a BG order and when it does they usually tell you that it is in stock or will be in a couple of days, but neither is true. Unlike most vendors, they go ahead and charge you even if they know that it is 'out of stock' knowing that you will be less likely to cancel your order because they make canceling & processing a refund a hassle.

I know there are a lot of folks nowadays that cant remember back when someone told you something, it actually meant something and you could count on it........ now it is just the opposite. Now, you are better off assuming everything you are told is nothing but fluff and then, only occasionally, be surprised when someone actually does what they said they would and it is sad that is what we are now “expected” to accept as ‘normal’.

I would guess that BG don’t know when or even if the S41 will restock, due to the falling out that they have had with Manker/Astrolux.

I haven’t made a preorder before so it may be different, but previously when I have had to cancel a normal order it was very easy at BG. Just go into the my orders page and there should be a cancel order/ refund button to select, followed by a list of reasons why you want to cancel. I didn’t have to talk to CS and I had my refund within 48hrs.

I have often wondered if they ship orders out chronologically or if they have some weird system based on destination. Sometimes it seems like you order a product at the same time as other members but some orders will take days longer to ship.

Coscar - You were not intentionally mislead nor are they lying to you because they honestly do not know. There is also no need to post that in multiple threads. It does not speed things up. Banggood did not expect to have any issues but since the introduction many things happened. If you do not mind the wait then hang tight and see if this works out.

Yeah, like I said, its not the wait…. its not being able to ‘count on’ what they tell you, not once, but numerous times and keep changing.
It is just frustrating, thats all. I suspected the “falling out that they have had with Manker/Astrolux” might have something to do with the delay but I hate to cancel my order because I wont be able to match the $35 pre-order price and my thinking if you were on the initial pre-order(less than 500) then those lights should have been manufactured and available. Nothing to do but wait and see what happens.

I completely understand but Banggood has always "tried" to pass savings on to us here and products as soon as they are available...long before others. Pre-order tells us just that..not ready yet.

If this is due to the fallout it just proves that one jerk reactions that have become so commonplace are not good.

I'm dying for a TM03 but even it's not available yet

Anyone can go to Amazon and buy the E14 there. It is $17 more but that's not profit. Amazon charges a good amount to the vendor.

Probably not intentional. All they would be doingis passing along the information they received from the supplier. After all, they are a seller / reseller and not the manufacturer.

As others have said, BG is probably not trying to mislead you. They’re just passing along expected shipping dates from the manufacturer. I’d rather they post estimates (even if they are later changed), than not give any estimate at all.

The real issue is charging you before shipping. I’m not sure if that’s a Paypal restriction, or a policy at Banggood (and most other Chinese sellers). But yeah, it’s annoying.

Well the time has finally come. After 23 perfectly fine orders, the 24th contained the wrong item. I ordered a convoy C8 XPL HI 7A and got a Convoy C8 XML2 7A. At least they got the tint correct. Sent a support request in, and now we wait.

Follow up to this. Banggood rectified this, all is well.

My string of no-problem BG orders is now at 14. Hope my luck holds out and is not jinxed by mentioning it. I do like the low prices……

Worst dealer ever encountered. They make sure it’s difficult for you to get any customer service, you have to upload images and videos (which are mendatory) to proof you have a faulty unit. If THEY THINK it’s not faulty, they will ignore your further contact all together.
Pathetic and rude people overthere. Have no class nor polite.

I’ve noticed a new trick recently from BangGood.

On two occasions when I’ve complained about a problem product, clearly identified as one I purchased from them
once, I got a refund
once, I got the typical lowball few dollar offer and silence

For both items, now, I also can’t add a review on the item’s page — their site no longer recognizes me as having bought the item.

What a clever way of blocking people from mentioning problems.

Anyone else noticed this happening? Curious whether it’s a glitch, or a gotcha.

So it’s about 3 years later and they still haven’t fixed this. I don’t really get the point. It just causes me to make multiple small orders, which I imagine ultimately costs them more in shipping than if they were to let me apply a coupon code per item. Shipping is free to me, but shipping 3 individual orders can’t be cheaper than shipping 1 order of all the same 3 items.

I totally agree Stereodude………

I still have a dispute and waiting Paypal’s final decision!

Has anyone in the US recently ordered with the Priority Direct Mail shipping option? Does the package really arrive in 6-9 business days as claimed?

I shouldn’t even look at how many orders I have placed recently.
table(table#posts).
|order date|shipping method|ship date|receive date|
|9/7|priority direct|9/8|9/15|
|9/7|standard|9/7|9/21|
|9/7|standard|9/7|9/21|
|9/1|Priority direct|9/4|9/16|
|8/31|priority direct|9/1|9/20|
|7/19|Priority direct|7/22|8/4|

The first 3 “orders” is really one order that got split due to being from different warehouses.