Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

Just an annoying moron.

I recall Sb saying that the spam button is not meant for annoying posters, trolls or posts you don’t agree with. For trolls and other people causing a problem he said to pm him about it.

thanks for the clarification guys! :slight_smile:

i think its good that the community has a tool to tell what they do not like!

but its always a small path between free speech and what is good the community (also outside this forum)

one of the best ways i have seen was a forum where the members can give “thanks” to posts or “dislike” it…
and if the negative votes became (10 or 20) more than the positive the thread was blinded out
the autoban happened when 5 posts of the “spammer” have been voted down.
but also there the Admin(s) had to look into the closes to go against “pitchforking hordes”

Sometimes, e the truth hurts even it’s against a forum sponsor

Be an unbiased forum and get money from vendors is a fine line already

Jack-bkk:

I hope you’re not implying that any of this has anything to do with the BLF Administration.

The reaction (the automatic ban) was generated by the BLF members by hitting the SPAM button. The Adminstration didn’t know anything about the ban.

Well, not until I told them. :wink:

And as soon as they found out about the ban, they lifted it!

As to the forum itself - indeed it is biased. People have biases and these biases tend to reveal themselves. Some people like certain vendors and let it be known. Others dislike certain vendors and let that be known, too. But no one plasters their opinion all over the discussion board like a madman.

Well, almost no one. :evil:

Nuff said. Welcome back! :slight_smile:

Actually, I have the same feeling about GB as Jack-bkk. If all he said is true (and I believe him), I don’t see why others would rate it as spam. I am glad the ban is lifted.

The same long rant, posted in 12 different threads within minutes, is spam, it wasn’t a banning offense, but it was a wild outburst of spamming.

you are native english you should know better then me i speak 4 languages but only one native which is not english but afaik spam is not to inform people about and experience and a warning about learned facts. even if they are bruttaly honest its not spam in my opinion and as it looks even for this deffiniton not

spam
spam/Submit
noun
irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients. MY post wasnt …. i only posted it in gearbest threads so very rellevant as users nto read all gearbest threads
trademark
a canned meat product made mainly from ham. definitely wasn’t it canned even a bit porky maybe
verb
send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet. neither

but some nitwits always like to play police and report others but hunt whistle blowers as history taught us

but fair play from the mods here they came to me and switched my account free because my was blockage wasn’t right they concluded

You were spamming then and you are spamming now. Is “Gearbest is bad” the only tune you can sing?

I have to say GearBest is bad as many people on this board have said. I think what Jack-bkk did was inappropriate but I think this fact should be known to other people.

Just so that I’m not accused of being bought off by GearBest, I am posting the following experience that a conflictive user posted all over the forum. This same post was repeated many times in different threads, which irritated other members, resulting in the deletion of said posts. But the experience should be mentioned (once) here:

OK OK OK

GearBest wrote:
Kindly please you check our warranty: http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

After reviewing your order in detail, we found out you haven’t purchased any insurance during the check-out. Please understand that in such case we can only compensate you partially.“

I have read through that Warranty and Return page and can find absolutely nothing about non-delivery. Where does it say that if you don’t purchase insurance you will not get a full refund in the event of non-delivery?

thank you for reading it i didnt because they have to prove they did deliver.

fasttech banggood also send sometimes with or without registration and i never had issues also on aliexpress i sho there since over 10 years without any trouble ever iam a3 member there and never had to make use of any claim.

It is the responsibility of the retailer to get the goods to you. Not yours.

+1
thanks i see it the same

I noticed also that GB ask you to get BOTH tracking number and insurance. No one else I bought from has such a request. That is why I will not buy from GB again!

One other thing I would say to you is, whilst I understand your frustration, making the same post in 12 or different threads not only annoys people and leads to what happened, but you are also, in a way, punishing BLF members. It is not our fault GB are treating you badly. You have to realise that some of us are going through the same problems as you with our GB orders. So good luck and take it easy.

Marc

Nah, dont pay attention to that rubbish, just open Paypal dispute.

As for jacks-bkk temp-ban - he deserved it, spamming 12 different threads with the same message is just nuts! It was very annoying and childish to do.

If Gearbest is trying to talk you into not requesting Paypal or CC refund, then f*ck them and open dispute ASAP!

You owe them nothing and saying that its shippers fault that they havent delivered goods to you is bullsh*t :D! You paid Gearbest, not the post office so Gearbest will have to do it right for you ;)!

My experience with them is hit/miss - some orders have not been delivered in 2 months, even though they werent exactly time sensitive, two months is too much lol :D! Some others have arrived in less than a month, and month is about normal to get here from China.

The only reason to choose Gearbest is their price.
But if your order doesnt show up shortly before your Paypal/CC protection time expires, open up case and file dispute and get your money back ;)!

I finally got this reply from them:

Dear Cyrus,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

I am sorry about that there is a delay for my reply.

When you placed the order, you didn’t pay for the insurance and we can’t get any compensation from the shipping company. We also need to dear the loss about this issue.Thus I can provide you the solutions:

The item is not in stock and we can’t resend for you.

I can provide you the solutions:

(1).We can refund you $8 to your account you used when you placed the order.

(2).We can refund you $12 GB points.

(3).We can refund you $12 to your GB wallet.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards

Jayden

Gearbest Customer Service

http://www.gearbest.com/

This was for a $23.59 headlamp. Absolute nonsense. Opening a paypal dispute and not dealing with their nonsense.

Dunno - really don't get it. GearBest continues to advertise an under $5 light as having a SS bezel, AR lens, and neutral tint here:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_194279.html

As I posted earlier, I specifically asked GearBest about this false and mis-leading advertising on a specific light and they did nothing about it. I've been offered a free light by them for doing a BLF review on it, while they continue to not post my honest reviews on their site. I ignored GearBest for a while, but they are just too darn tempting with their low prices to fully avoid. I take great satisfaction though when they get a price war going with BG, so I can buy the product for the same price or less at BG Smile.

I sure wish someone, somehow could apply some sort of pressure on them to straighten their act out, a little. We all know all retailers and manufacturers stretch specs, but GearBest takes it to the next level and they feel no pressure to change their ways, apparently.

As far as shipping, I've found them no better or worse than all the others, and generally if you know what you are buying, you stand a good chance of getting what you ordered. I'm very mixed up about GearBest...