Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

However, I haven’t heard any online seller to offer only 50% or 35% refund for a product lost in the shipping. GB is the first! (See CyrusAM’s post.)

Yes, heard this before on GB. But just one month ago, I opened a ticket with them on not receiving an $11 flashlight order, and only after 2 messages, they offered me a full refund in store credit, or to re-ship the item for free. I took the store credit and used it up quick. I waited about 3 months, actually forgot bout it, before opening the ticket. I had no tracking, no special shipping or insurance.

I thought their offer was pretty reasonable. Real hard to get a full PP refund from them, but I did it -- had to open a PP incident and did some hard negotiations - absolutely insisted on a full refund for batteries they falsely advertised, and did get the full PP refund from them eventually, with keeping the batteries - they were only 1600 capacity, not 2600 as listed, but I never have used them anyway. Did they correct the listing? NO - of course not, they do not learn.

Once you open the incident in PayPal, they respond quickly - gets them to the table, but expect lots of goin back and forth. Mostly I just continually repeat what I said (copy/paste) Wink.

I agree that their price is hard to beat. However, I just don’t like the conditions they put forward, e.g., shipping label and insurance. If there is a dispute, they can always argue that you agreed on their terms. It just pissed me off.

I would first threaten the PP dispute and insist on a full refund. Then if that gets nowhere, go right to the PP dispute. That insurance thing is no excuse at all. I think PP would support you in the end, but it will probably not get that far anyway. When you open the incident in PP, you first negotiate with the seller, but on the PP messaging system, not their ticket system, not emails. Only if you can't come to an agreement will PP get involved.

Thanks. Maybe I should try once more.

Hi CyrusAM,
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please PM me your order number? We will check and solve it for you.
We wish to apologize for any inconvenience this may caused and hope to hear from you.
Best Regards
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/

Hi twinclouds,
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The shipping time is beyond our control and we could not track it.
So we kindly suggest our customer add tracking number and insurance to their orders.
Therefore we can track and solve it for our customer.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
Best Regards

You understand this will increase the cost for your customer and cancel your price advantage, right?
I just hope in case the order got lost, after a certain period (you can specify a reasonable time duration), you will take the responsibility but not leave to the customer. This is everybody else do anyway. I don’t see this should happen very often. I can see the requirement for tracking number but not really about the insurance, especially not both.
You should really looking into the model that FastTech is using. For order above $20, they will given free tracking number. For orders below $20, the tracking number cost is prorated.

Hi twinclouds,
Thanks for your feedback.
We will try our best to improve our website ans service.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
Best Regards

CSGearBest - glad to see you are responding here. Can you tell me why my reviews that are less than 4 stars don't get posted? They are polite and technically accurate. It appears you have a policy of not posting negative reviews, even though they are more accurate than the favorable reviews you do post.

Also, why don't you correct errors in product listings I've repeatedly informed you about? The errors I've pointed out are wrong inflated specs. These product listings have remained in error for months now. I spend all this time trying to help you improve the accuracy, and you ignore my requests. Again, it appears you have a policy for exaggerating your products, and making claims that are false and show no willingness to correct these mistakes.

Thank you. I just put another order to try again. Hope I will receive it in a reasonable time frame.

Look at all the threads about GB problems. This shop needs an AVOID-label yesterday!

Wallbuys wasn’t this bad.

I have not received any of the three items I ordered in August and early September. They agreed to re-ship one order with tracking. I paid $2 for tracking but don’t have a shipping notification or tracking number. I can’t check the ticket, because the Web site stalls when I select “My Tickets”. For one of the others, they responded only after I raised two tickets for the same order.
Three items in a row seems like it could only be a problem with Gearbest or with their local post office. Other places in the postal system would not selectively lose Gearbest products.

Added: They offered a PayPal refund for one item and store credit for the other item for which I submitted a ticket, so they are functioning. The third item is so small I may not bother. That still leaves three items in a row that they claimed to have shipped but that never arrived. Both ticketed items appear to be out of stock, because they didn’t ship replacements, even though they offered to in one case.

@Fritz t. Cat

I had the same problem from my desktop Computer.

Learned a fix by trial & error!

If I immediately clicked the box off, it left a line of text saying “Log In”.

Clicking on that immediately took me to the Ticket Summary Page.

Stupidly Annoying, and we shouldn’t have to be guessing how to make heads or tails of a CS section of a company.

Hope it Helps.

Splott-Light :slight_smile:

Well, the gun-sight of Chance and Bad Customer Service finally aimed in my direction!

Having spent literally Hundreds of Dollars over about 2 years or so with GearBest, I finally came to a point where I have had to sadly initiate my First Ever 3 Paypal claims.

I had 6 items lost at the end of June / beginning of July.

Waited for 2 Months before opening CS Tickets, as later & earlier orders arriving seemingly randomly.

Got 2 medium & 1 small order eventually, painfully, slowly refunded to GB Wallet by one CS Rep.

3 more outstanding medium orders (3 x Xtar WK-41’s) basically ignored for 26 days by a different CS rep., after the usual standard automatic “check P. Office” etc. stuff.

I’m still using them at the moment as all the other orders and stuff was pretty much O.K.

How sad that you can get to the state of just being ignored as their customer.

We’ll see how the Paypal claims go.

:_(

P.S. They also closed a ticket in mid complaint, so I had to open a new one referring to the old number! Refunded eventually after stating “can be refunded to GB wallet in 1 day”, then after I agreed, stating refund on its way in 1 week, and closing ticket to stop any reply! LOL

I bought a 64GB MicroSD card from them for $22.50 American. 5 weeks later, nothing came in the mail. I contacted them, I received a reply saying the expiration date for the item to be received is 60 days. As I waited, I updating them weekly. 60 days and still nothing. I asked for my money back. They said ” we are sorry to hear that, it appears that the package has been lost in the mail. You did not include insurance with your purchase but, as a valued customer we can offer you two options. Option 1 you will receive half of the money you gave us or option 2 we can send you another SD card but you’ll need to pay $15 extra.” I don’t know about you guys, but that has SCAM writing all over it. I wasn’t provided with a tracking number as indicated, so I told them I’m contacting the authorities of the practices and online fraud your business is conducting. I contacted PayPal and started a claim, 14 days later, PayPal refunded my money after concluding there was no evidence of the item being shipped. Please spread the message. If you’re in the same situation, whatever you do, don’t close your case with PayPal, they will refund your money. PayPal needs to know more of these cases in order for them to suspende Gearbest’s account indefinitely.

Ps. Call PayPal and provide them with any evidence ypu have that you were patient and that you were contacting GEARBEST on a regular basis

That is not a scam. You ordered something without tracking number. I would never order something without tracking number or insurance, especially from a company with a lot of shipping complaints. If I was going to buy a SD or microSD I would buy it from Amazon or locally (NCIX vancouver store or website) which have just about the same prices with name brand products when on sale. You would have your item in less than a week (or even same day if you went to a brick and mortar store).

I was told I would be provided with a tracking number but never received it. PayPal asked them for the tracking number and they didn’t provide them with one. That’s why they concluded it the case in my favor.

I have their email stating there would be another email sent out with a tracking number. Never received that email. As for the insurance, I didn’t see an option for that at the time of purchase nor did I think I would need one. Imagine all those people who don’t purchase insurance. The easiest way to scam someone is by telling them oh sorry your package was lost because unfortunately, you didn’t buy insurance. But hey, we have good news for you, since you are a valued customer (my 1St time buying from them BTW) why don’t you pay us more money and we’ll send you another (nothingness) item, it’ll only cost you 75% of the original (nothingness) item you paid for….scammm

It’s a scam, the guy bought something and it was never delivered, Paypal agreed with his claim.

If I buy something from an online company, then it is their job to get it to me.