Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

At least the plastic is flame retardant! :smiley:

Iā€™ll give it that Will

This is about the first purchase Iā€™ve ever had with them, itā€™s the BLF348, which i placed the order on the very first day of the 2nd batch GB. I did not add the $2 tracking service and it was lost.
On May 18, I contacted their CS through pm here, told them about it and with no question asked they decided to resend the lights to me. This time of course I paid for the tracking and I finally got my little lights 2 days ago.

Iā€™ve done 3 orders with GB. Two went smoothly, and I got the lights in record time. The other order was lost, and Iā€™m working with customer-service to get it reshipped.

If nothing goes wrong with shipping, they are really fast (compared to most other Chinese shippers). But I think they also lose more on average. I donā€™t think thatā€™s GBā€™s fault, but their shipper (usually postnl) doesnā€™t seem too reliable. Theyā€™re quick, but not as reliable as others.

Bangood is way better at dealing with thoseā€¦No returns required and painless service.

Hi atbglenn,
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have been caused.
I have PMed you and please kindly check it. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for your understanding.

PM sent

I know. A few weeks ago I sent them a video on a defective Flexible Neon EL Wire thingy. They responded the same day asking me if I wanted a refund or replacement. I asked for a replacement. They sent it out the next day. Iā€™ve since received it in perfect working condition

Gearbest finally gave me my money back. I guess my video worked :slight_smile:

I am glad to hear that they made it right with you.

I received my Manker E-14 yesterday. I ordered it on the 12th. As usual it takes some time to show up as shipped.

I ordered an extension tube for it from BangGood on the 14th. Still waiting on it.

Bob

CS Gearbest: Your ad with the ā€œgraphic-counterā€ that shows an item as ā€œIN STOCKā€ is a joke at best. Why do you take peoples money indicating to them that item is in stock when it IS NOT?

I was assured the item was in stock when I ordered it on June 21 and it was also stated that it would ship June 22. That NEVER happened because you did not have it. You canā€™t sell from an empty shelfā€¦but you insist on doing it anyways. And as stats have it to your advantage, many customers will wait for the item but I will not. Not when I feel deceived by a company.

And I loved the way you updated the ā€œcounterā€ ad page indicating item would ship in a week or soā€¦AFTER YOU HAD TAKEN THE CUSTOMERS MONEYS ! What a crooked tactic.

When I realized the game you people are playing, I opened a ticket. I mentioned I was from BLF forum and that we frowned on this type of sales tactic, I also asked for my money back as I was not up to waiting over a week for next shipment.

Iā€™m happy to say that my money was refunded immediately, and I commend you for that. However, your sales tactic with a ā€œLive-Counterā€ that shows item in stock when it really is not, is totally deceivingā€¦ Clean up your act, and maybe you will gain a respectable standing with the BLF community.

Thanks Bob :slight_smile: I like their prices, but itā€™s a gamble buying from them. Iā€™m willing to give them one more chance. (Iā€™ve said that before)

Iā€™ve got two orders out there with GearBest right now, one coming via ChinaPost that still doesnā€™t show a status after being ā€œsentā€ for a week+ and another that, when I ordered it gave me a better shipping option for no more money. That order has already left China after 3 days, so Iā€™ll probably see it before the first one. Sad because all the S2ā€™s are in the ChinaPost order.

My very first order with these guys included a knife (Sanrenmu 7010) that arrived in the wrong style. They never did get it right, but I ended up with a partial refund (to my account wallet) and another knife that was also the wrong style (so now I have the chrome and camo, but not the black I originally ordered).

When my torch obsession started to go full steam, I discovered something a little disconcerting - and I may be wrong, which is why Iā€™m posting - it appears that some lights are only available from certain resellers, especially BLF lights.

Is this right, or is it my imagination? It appears to me that some lights can only be had at Banggood, while others can only be ordered from GearBest.

Overall, GearBest has managed to ā€œmostlyā€ make issues right, if not not completely. There is naturally going to be issues now and then given the distance and language issues. Iā€™ve just learned to be very careful about what I order and how I order it from any of these resellers, especially when it comes to postage.

Thatā€™s awesome Can! Iā€™ve gotten lucky with quick processing too once or twice. I didnā€™t know what a Solarstorm SP03 is, so I took a look.

Hereā€™s a good example of the kind of inventory issues GearBest needs to manage better:

Which is it? Out of Stock or 4 left?

Itā€™s a shell game they play. Iā€™d say lucky whoever who gets to see the OUT OF STOCK sign displayed there. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ve learned by now if they show the out of stock sign the money falls off. So just show the graph bar and keep rakin in the dough.

I have had 14 perfect transactions with GB up til now, until this latest fiasco of the
ā€œIN STOCK SHUFFLEā€

guess iā€™m just a hard to please grumpy O B.

Thanks. I donā€™t actually want one. I just wanted to know what it was. Thanks for the thread link here though!

Sullysat - You are correct with the BLF lights. The vendor that hosts the special edition light is the only one that will have it available for sale. That is why the LuckySun D80-SE and BLF 348 are at Gearbest only and not any other vendor.

First order with them was Jan 1st this year. Iā€™ve made 15 orders with a combined total of $300, and asides from the faulty switch on the Klarus G30 I have been happy with every order. Some orders tend to get to me quite quickly, less than 12 days, while I did have one absolute freak of an order that got to me in 48 hour, though it must have been delivered from a warehouse in the UK.

The customer service is good, IMO. The prices are fairly competitive. My experience is positive.

Iā€™ve been buying from china online since I was teenager and so I have a very good idea as to what to expect, so I donā€™t have them to the same standard as what we have in the West. But Gearbest have been cool for me so far, and while Iā€™m sure their will be something that goes wrong, I will continue to feel happy or order from them.

Its been a week since the product images on the website don`t workā€¦

The other dat Gearbest opened a ticket.
I got an email about it.
It was to check if an order had arrived.
Normally I mark things are being delivered but I had forgotten it with my last orders.

I really like this heads up after two months of ordering, way to go Gearbest!