Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

I have two orders out there somewhere right now. The first one was ordered on June 16th. Last week, the “Confirm Delivery” button showed up on my order page and YESTERDAY, the tracking number said “Processed through China…” So, almost 3 weeks before even leaving the country.

The second order, which I was able to put on US Express, was ordered on June 23rd. That one supposedly arrived in Cincinatti on June 26th. Still haven’t seen it, but it certainly shows that looking at the shipping options is a good idea.

I wish something would show up soon. I’ve got about 10 new torches out there somewhere and want to play!

Recently not long ago, it was yesterday I bought a multimeter uni-t 890d, has some pictures of including user manual a CD, and some other stuff. When I go today to the item they have altered and removed some items from the product package and pictures too.

This is not totally acceptable. Why do they do it after we purchased it. This is cheating the customers. Those are the reasons customers leave their site with bitter experiences. :frowning:

Yes it seems that shipping takes a while
A friend is very high management of PostNl and he told me
“Pre-adviced means they have made the parcel, smacked a label on it and notified us. They collect a lot of those and when bulk rate applies we actually ship it.”

For customers it means the order page says shipping before it goes into transit
Golden rule is “order and forget” and now that Gearbest is sending emails after a period list is even easier to do so :wink:
Checking shipping status is a bad idea, not good for blood pressure :smiley:

LOL Too true!

I usually order and forget, but I’m experimenting with different shipping methods between GearBest and Banggood, so I’m keeping an eye on it.

You’re a brave man! Taking a lot for the team I see :wink:

GB shipping are quite fast but BG are using some snail Pony Express! :disguised_face:

That has been my experience as well. Always got what I ordered in good shape but BG takes another 4-5 days when compared to GB.

Bob

ah this almost got by me…
please let us know what actually comes!
It could well be your product is batch A with included things and now those are sold it is time for bath B and they changed the listing.
But “could be” is vague, when it comes you can tell us what happened!

Regarding the point “splitting in different shipments”:
I made an order a couple of weeks ago, 3 products. I payd for a tracked shipping exactly made for Italy (italy express).
A couple of days later, 2 of the items were shipped with italy express.
3 days later, also the other item was shippped, with… italy express also.

To me this is good, rather than shipping the latter idem with a free untracked or cheap shipping.

Also, they are the only chinese shop that has a dedicated shipping for Italy.
On our forum the average is a bit more than 10 days, and it gets delivery by the courier, not postman.
The day before the courier comes we get an SMS telling that the shipping is being delivered the following day.

If there is a Gearbest rep here can you please look at my ticket T16082303881. Thanks.

Hi MRsDNF,

Thanks for your message.

Our colleague has offered the solutions to you on the ticket, could you please check it and inform us your decision?

Thanks Gearbest. The ticket is now closed and appreciated the help with this claim.

Gearbest is awful. My cousin purchased a Voyo A1 plus ($235USD or so laptop), it was defective the screen did not work, and it became more defective as it was probably a bad unit. She was offered 20 bucks or so for the ‘trouble’ and wanted the full refund so she sent it back for 85 USD in shipping costs.

The rejected it and send it back to her. Now shes out the cost of that, has a broken laptop, and gearbest customer service is awful. I suggest everyone stay away from gearbest. She would have ate an $85.10 cost of shipping it back just because her laptop was defective, they did nothing to fix it and this kind of service is just disgusting.

I purchased a few things from them before with no issues besides the long wait time that I was warned about, so I chose faster shipping. After the way the treat my cousin though, I will never buy from them again, and I suggest you all stay away from them as well!

I spent 3 day trying to fix it but there are no instructions, so its an expensive brick. Horrible company!! Banggood has better products, same prices usually, and really good customer service! I don’t see any reason for anyone to ever use gearbest.

gearbest shipping has improved significantly! most of my orders are now in my mailbox in less than 20 days, which is great.

Hi Lick,

I am very sorry to hear about this issue.

Please refer our warranty and return here:http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

3 Day Dead on Arrival (DOA) Guarantee
If your item arrives damaged or is not working, please follow the warranty process and contact our Support Center for RMA authorization within 3 days of the order being received. The associated item will be exchanged with a new product free of charge (we will reimburse the return shipping cost), or you can choose to receive a full refund.

45 Day Money Back Guarantee
For most items, in the unlikely situation that your product is faulty, you can send it back to us for a refund or item exchange within 45 days of receiving it. Return shipping reimbursement is not available for this.

One Year Repair Warranty
Unless otherwise noted on the product page, the default product warranty period is one year starting from the date of purchase, during which you are eligible for free repair. Any free repair case needs to be confirmed with the manufacturer via Customer Service. Customers must pay the shipping fees for returning the item back, while we cover the shipping fees to send the repaired item back to the customer.

Could you please PM me your cousin’s order number? Please rest assured we will check and solve for you.

In effect, that isn’t a warranty at all.

I didn’t know that you required customers to pay to ship your non-working or damaged goods that you might sale, back to you in China, and await your judgement.

Doesn’t Paypal force a better, real world warranty on you?

Hi Lick… sorry to hear of your cousins bad experience, that is a shame. If you don’t mind, I do have a couple of questions about your post I don’t understand.

You said the screen was “defective and did not work”. Then you said it became “more defective probably because it was a bad unit”.
I guess my first question is this… if “the screen was defective and did not work” when she received it, how did it become… “more defective?

My other question is this, how long had she had it when it was reported as “defective” to GearBest?

And how long was the stated warranty period for the product?
You may want to verify the product that failed is under warranty according to the manufacturer, even if the manufacturer says to contact whoever sold it to you.

Buying from a company that is not an “authorized dealer or distributor” often means you can’t have the manufacturer take care of the warranty problem.
They’ll tell you the seller should replace it if it’s under warranty.

But the manufacturer can’t make that happen, they have no leverage over graymarket sellers.

I like gearbest but I’ve learned to not order if I need something quick. Like my current order took 3 weeks literally over 21 days to ship a “in stock” item and now its been 10 day. Abd my last order took 7 weeks to get here. And even with insurance you have to wait 90 days for a reship. I do believe that they sell out of stock items as in stock to just keep collecting money. I’ve found batteries take the longest. Other items I’ve had in around 3 weeks. Every battery order is at least a month. They have some of the best prices abd usually not in a rush for batteries. But its deceptive to take money for products you can’t ship within a couple days. And holding onto parcels and sending a picture saying shipped and waiting to eboufb pile up for a bulk discount is deceptive as well. The item isn’t shipped you have it stock piled somewhere until you get however many hundreds. I’d rather pay more in shipping. Just my experience. Your order will come just order 2 months out

> The item isn’t shipped you have it stock piled somewhere until you get however many hundreds

More likely they wait until they have however many orders, then find a supplier somewhere to drop-ship something like what you ordered.
I don’t think they have a warehouse.