Rating: GearBest.com [AVOID]

I based that assumption on earlier in the thread a page back maybe two. A member says he has a friend in management level nl post. And said gearbest waits until they have enough parcels to get a bulk discount on shipping
Based on my experience its true abd your assumption as well. I’ve had batteries come from nl. And batteries from Czech republic. So they do drop ship. They item stock counter is a joke though

Thanks Gearbest did me good. Got Manker T01 without any spring in tailcap. Gearbest sent me a new flashlight I just got today. So now have two lights with one working tailcap. Will come up with some kind of spring for the second one. Nothing but good to say about my experience with Gearbest.

I just ordered (last night) a Convoy L6,coming from their China warehouse,received today a message saying it was shipped….we’ll see how long it takes to get to Canada. HB

2-3 week

using NL post?
My last order is somewhere between their warehouse and my address AKA nobody know where it is at the moment of speaking.

I am wondering why they use NL post for non battery items. It took longer (3 weeks or more) and more expensive. Other site ship using China post that is cheaper and faster (2 weeks).

I asked them to use HK/CN post but they said NL post is the only option for me. It’s a go or no go at all. I don’t get the logic since I live in south east asia. I chose go anyway.

update: first experience with their NL post. order 14 sep, sent out 16 sep, received 9 oct. not bad.

Yep after sales support is a joke. GB recently sent me the wrong battery and instead of wanting to refund me or send the correct one, i was directed to their warranty and return policy and offered 200 points. I told them no and forced the issue and got a refund. These companies are so close to being scam artists imo. How come eveything i order arrives with factory seals busted open? Probably selling us used or open box crap. Would account for all the defective crap they send out.

Oh crap, now it seems so naive to think that they opened the package to perform quality control

I am quite happy with the performance of GEARBEST in the last months. Most of my orders arrived without any problems. Once I got a Bluetooth OBD Adapter instead of the OTR M3 I ordered but the problem was solved and the M3 5C is on the way.

Unfortunately today another order arrived with the wrong item. I ordered “ON THE ROAD M3 920Lm Cree L2 U2 5C 16340 LED Flashlight - 5C 3800-4000K FULL PACK TITANIUM GREY” but got “ON THE ROAD M3 920Lm Cree L2 U2 1A 16340 LED Flashlight - 1A 6500-7000K FULL PACK TITANIUM GREY” although it says 5C on the delivery list (first time there is one in the package). Curiously the cardboard was relabeled with a second sticker saying 5C. The primal Sticker underneath shows 1A.

I hope the one that was resent is 5C as ordered.

I don’t make a high volume of orders, but I have yet to receive anything incorrect or damaged from GB. The worst thing I can personally say about them is that they sell a lot of fake batteries, so be careful with that.

I did recently order an EE X2R and a sricam wifi camera. Both arrived in perfect condition and are working great.

gearbest is cancelling my order because it out of stock and refuse to refund using paypal, instead they force me to receive store credit.
Not recommended :rage:

Open a PayPal dispute. You paid with cash you don’t have the right to be paid back in cash

Added the following con:

• Generic discount codes don’t work or even raise the price, since almost all items are already listed as discounted

I, as many other buyers ordered http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_326612.html Nichia, received xp-g2.
Battle started. Will report how it ends.

Any more users with wrong emitter?
Mike

Me too

I claimed via ticket, in three exchanges of messages (about a week) and some photos the problem was solved satisfactorily.

I was apparently banned from GB after reporting an order that never arrived.

I wrote GB three times. Each time GB replied that the order was on the way.

I finally filed a complaint with PP.

GB sent a refund.

The order never arrived — it’s been more than a year.

I’ve since ordered from GB a half dozen times. Always paid extra for insurance and faster shipping.

Each time, they promptly refunded my money and refused to process the order.

I’m now a big fan of Richard at Mountain Electronics, or Banggood when I have to order from overseas.

same here. On the upper part is written TOOL TI CREE, and on the side is written Nichia, with the item code. But inside there is Tool with XP-G2.

Gearbest are clearly labelling the lumintop tool ti boxes to cover all their bases lol.

Same here though, very disappointing and still waiting on my ordered second one to arrive and hopefully that one might be the right one but i wouldn’t want to put money on it.
Gearbest have really messed up,i hate the tint they sent me and now had the run around of sending pictures etc etc etc, finally after a week they have said they sent the wrong item and offered me 150 points or $2 in some complicated manor on how it can be spent at Gearbest.
Pretty annoyed really, especially as I buy stuff from them pretty much every week.
The tool ti might have been cheaper than normal, but it’s irrelevant if you don’t use it because you don’t like the colour tint of the beam :rage:

Last two orders were “in stock”, but taken 2 weeks to leave GB. My “in stock” knife ordered late November, now says shipping Dec 12. It’s Dec 13th in China and it still says “processing”. Plus, when they do get around to shipping it, it’s going Netherlands Post to the US, which means an additional 3+ weeks, as the package will take a European vacation sight-seeing various ports of call. Last summer I had one GB package that shipped NP sit in Turkey for over a week. I would gladly pay for e-packet which only takes 8 days to get to me from China, but not offered.