Rating: Manafont.com [OUT OF BUSINESS]

I suspect an avast false positive - Google isn't moaning about it.

I forget the site, but there is a website around which will run about two dozen different virus scanners on a URL.

http://www.virustotal.com/ This one?

Just received my 3-mode XM-L drop-in from them and it's one of the ones that only runs 1.4A, which is sadly disappointing.

My first Manafont order arrived fairly quickly. I also pointed out a minor error in their system, and they fixed it immediately. I'm very impressed with Manafont so far. 5 Stars. The web site is is pretty good and has lots of photos. The selection is also improving over time.

I have 2 from them and both working beyond expectation. They are however one of the first batches. There was someone who had asimilar issue which turned out to be batteries or the multimeter showed wrong current draw... be sure to check those first. It is bright? Or you're just worried about what your multimeter shows?

These XM-L need decent batteries to work properly. Just my 2 cents.

Ordered an XP-G Palight and an XM-L drop-in 3-7-11. Order was "dispatched" 3-14-11 and as of today (2 weeks since order was placed) no special package from Hong Kong. Same thing with DX; waited over a month and then did not get all my order. I really dig the China prices but man, I'm almost thinking a few dollars more from someone like Lighthound (ships to me 3-4 days, usually) might eliminate some frustration. Ah well, I guess it ain't heart valves for a patient in OR but I still would like better customer service.

wantmyxmlnowFoy

You're lucky if your package even left HK yet, I didn't get my packages from DX dispatched on 3 March yet. It took 3 weeks for another tracked package to arrive (from beeing posted to arriving).

So probably a couple of weeks before your stuff arrives.

Like I said, none of this is mission-critical for me but it sure would be nice to be able to drop in a store on a whim, make a purchase and have the item in my hand at that time or some reasonable period of time thereafter.

notapriorityFoy

Can someone explain the somethingFoy thing for me. Pretty please. :)

I'm an idiot pretty much explains it.

imanidiotFoy

Thanks! You managed to confuse me even more now. I guess i should be American to be able to get it.

idontgetitFoy

(dont say that i got it now) Foy

There seems to be a air cargo capacity problem with HK Post right now, nothing Manafont or any other HK dealer can do about it. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Usually when HKP says that an item "left" the country I have it within a week. Recently I had a package that HKP says left the country March 6, but USPS didn't show receiving it until March 21 and I still don't have it yet. That isn't the fault of the shipper (in this case solarforce-sales). However I did get an order from Manafont recently in 2 weeks and a day from the time of the order, so there seems to be some randomness to all of it.

It's frustrating, but if I got all my orders in a few days, I would probably just order more stuff.

Well, since someone brought it up, I think it's hilarious. Myself and a couple of friends at work send emails and IM as one long sentence with no punctuation. #1, we think it's funny because you have to concentrate to read it and it keeps it "scrambled" since some co-workers will walk up and read anything you have up on your screen so this way they can't figure it out. The look on their face is pretty funny too.

doesthatmeani'manidiotlikefoy

No, but close. Laughing

jb1getsitFoy

closeidiotjb1

Once again this crap with the pictures don't work. It seems to be to complicated for me. If somebody would be so kind to make a sticky tutorial for noobs, on how to use it with imageshack, I would appreciate that.

I wanted just to post a funny picture, in order to tell, this thread is going OT.

LOL! Wellit'sactuallyalolFoy

Once again, I've made a mess of things. Please accept my condolences for the death of this thread. I will make a better attempt, going forward, to stay on topic.

Herewith: Manafont should improve their shipping times.

backontrackFoy