Review: Custom Eagletac D25LC2 xp-g2

Yea, the cost thing....

The $20 shipping really stings. I did pay a bit less...but it was more due to an honest error than any offered deal. What I'd like to see happen is EagleTac offer this combination as standard. That way it'd be easier to purchase from ones favorite vendor.

I talked it out and the $20 shipping costs could be reduced to $5.00 but this alters lead time too, and i couldnt offer any bfl discount on top sorry. no discounts on such custom runs oops.

Hence, if it has to be the XP-G2 emitter (instead of the more popular XM-L U2), i suggest people just get the default d25lc2 clicky xp-G2 offering plus the forum discount on top, with quick delivery from your preferred local authorized dealer.

In either case kreisl can help thanks best kreishill :star:

What a great looking light! I found out about it on the “other forum” and Im glad I did.

I have the XM-L version and it is never out of my pocket. However I found myself looking for something with more throw, more spot. Comparing the ET to my Fenix PD32 XP-G I came to realize that lumins are not everything. In a pitch black factory warehouse I noticed that the 315L Fenix and the ET at 578L I believe are almost identical. The only real difference being that the extra lumins from the ET go to a LITTLE more spill, and I do prefer spot. So……

If this modded ET has the throw/spot that I expect from a XP-G2 with over 500L behind it, count me in. Sounds like my favorite ET will be replaced by my favorite ET!

A great review with all the needed info. and great photos.

One glaring omission though. There really needed to be a mouse over comparison of the standard XM-L which you wanted to mod., and the factory modded XP-G2/C2000RC. That would have been great. It would have been handy to see the differance between the two before I pulled the trigger on this. Any chance you could post one real quick?

Great review just the same. Im sure I will be talking to Christina soon.

I agree, it would be nice to see... and I would have included it if I owned the regular ET xml version.

I wonder if they would put this driver/led in a D25C…

Match, I thought you did as it is listed in your chart of “various lights I own” in the original review above.

Dang...you're right, I did write that. The inclusion of the stock xml D25LC2 was just for quick lumen/cd reference and the spec's pulled from eagletac's website. I'll update that in the first post.

Hello i would like to ask you
if it is posible to take out the pill and to put it in another flashlight?

Possible? Yes, but the threads have been glued and would require a torch to help loosen it up. I have not done that to mine yet, so I can't give you any more info than that. Welcome to BLF though!

I have never done a mod before, and I may never, but how hard would it be to replace the XP-G in my D25A and D25C minis. I bought them just before they came out with the XP-G2, and now they seem expendable.

Not terribly hard. ET doesn't glue the bezel, so after unscrewing the glass and reflector can be removed for access to the emitter. Unsolder and lift out the pcb, then reflow the new emitter and re-install.

Does anyone know if it is possible to order with XP-G2 neutral?
I asked two months later and they dont even think about it at that time.

Thanks for your answer

this is exactly what they said to me:

“We can custom a D25LC2 Clicky XP-G LED with CR2000RC driver circuit Cool White (not NW) to you. Hovever the lead time will be 4-6 weeks.”

you may be able to talk them into something, i surrendered when they quoted me a price of 62usd (47euros) and 20usd for shipping.

So I got mine last night. I am happy with it. A smaller and brighter hot spot than my XM-L with a bit more throw. The XP-G2 gives that little bit more throw and seems brighter than the higher lumen XM-L.
If I compare this XP-G2 to my Fenix PD32 at 315 lumens out it’s XP-G, the XP-G2 using the upgraded driver is noticable brighter.

Only one complaint. It should have come with a smooth reflector for max. throw.

Also I am happy they corrected the tail stand issue from the wobbley earlier runs.

Overall, I like it.

How would you describe the tint? (also compared to your many other flashlights)

Is the best pure white CW you have? ;)

It is a nice bright white. I think its what you call clear white? It’s not NW is what I am trying to say anyway. Its as looks very close, if not the same as the XM-L U2’s.
I hope that makes sence?

i understood the two bold'ed phrases.

the rest i didnt understand, no.

H)

thanks anyway for trying!!

Hello,
i am trying to access the moonlight mod but it isnt working!!
I did as Eagletac says in its Operations:

Programmable Features

1. Moonlight output - dim or increase the entire output range of the group 1 output.
      Toggle this setting starting
      << with head loosen, turn on the light, and then repeat tight and loose for three times. >>

D25LC2 Clicky doesnt have a REAL moonlight. It is a lower low and very difficult to discern from the original low.

sorry to disappoint ;)