Review: D.Q.G Tiny AA 1xAA/14500 XP-G2 R5 Stainless Steel EDC Flashlight

Just got my light in the other week…First impressions are very positive. This is my first DQG and I am very pleased with this model so far.

I was looking for a small edc light with a deep carry pocket clip and this little guy fits the bill.

Running on just the AA so far,…but it lights up the backyard well for such a tiny torch.

Love the fit and finish. User interface works well enough for me.

More impressions to come as I get more experience and carry time under the belt.

But for the price,…again, I have to say this one delivers a lot of value.

I couldn't agree more . I have a quite number of lights being exchanged through my hands over the years. I can confidently say that my DQG Tiny AA is going to stay in my collection for a while.

Just got my light today and it’s a beautiful new addition to my collection. The clip came a little bent so it didn’t rest evenly on the body and the twisty head needed some lube before it freed up nicely. All in all, it’s brighter than my Foursevens Mini AA and nearly 1cm shorter. I’m also a fan of the full twist for off. When storing this light, you won’t have to ever worry about the head twisting off by itself. It also came with clear spare o-rings so I’m not sure if they’re different from the red ones that people have mentioned. I love the solid feel of it and plan on having this be my new EDC light for a while.

Thanks for the review! I’m pretty interested in this light, but coupon says expired - do you know of any current valid coupon codes? TIA!

Bit of a late reply, I know: Keeppower protected 14500s won’t fit (as mentioned in the review), but AW protected 14500s will.

Mine was very finicky about switching modes, until I lubed the threads. Now it is only slightly finicky, and only sometimes. Also it sometimes emits a faint high-pitched whine on ‘low’. I wonder if that is audible PWM. Does anyone else’s do the same?

I just ordered my 1st D.Q.G AA stainless steel version from fasttech 15mins ago . Hopefully i will not disappoint by the quality and reliability . Thanks for the reviewed .

Why is this in the 18650 reviews section?

Strange, I don't remember posting it in 18650 section. Thanks for informing me, thread has been moved to the right category.

Mine has a dark spot in the beam. Is it normal for TIR lights like this? Otherwise I’m liking the beam and tint of the neutral.

An protected Xtar 14500 works fine in my Tiny AA Br. :slight_smile:

Enerloop

Xtar 14500

Loved BOTH of my Tiny AA. However, they just don’t last. Both ultimately just stopped working. Hooked ’em up on the bench- dead. Out of warranty and out of luck. I won’t buy any more of them. They were really great while they lasted. Twisty never turned on in my pocket.