Review: JAX Z1 (1x XM-L2, 1 or 2 x 26650/18650)

Nope.
You cannot measure the from from the total output. The throw depends entirely on the light output of the die PER SQUARE INCH/MILLIMETER.
Yes, the XM L2 reaches far mor Lumens then the XP G2, but the surface of the die is much larger as well.

In other words: the smaller and brigther the lightsource/die, the more throw you can achieve.

Grtz
Nico

Unknown: Thanks, so they were being pretty accurate when they said 500m

ToyKeeper: 4x the lux to double the throw. Nice. And thanks for the great
table there.

Nico: thanks…the smaller the brighter the light source.

I got lost there, what is this XP-G2??? Is that an EagleTac?

(which I could see a comparison btw this Jax Z1 and the AceBeam K60.)

Just modded my JAX Z1, finally. Did a gas de-domed XM-L2 U4 1C on 20mm Noctigon. Resistor modded the stock driver by adding a R120 (an R075 produced too much current at the LED). With the R120, I got 2.8A at the tail, and ~4.7A at the LED, measured on the bench with 2 cells. I'm running two KK button tops.

I got 216 kcd measured at 5m, which is 930 meters. Distance is based on the amount of light equal to moonlight, which is 1/4 candela, so you take your candela, multiple by 4 (or divide by 0.25), then take the square root of that.

It's all spelled out really well here: http://flashlightwiki.com/Light_Output_Measurements

For me, I'd take little less power, same throw from an XM-L2 as a XP-G2. Plus in full flood, I measured 1309 lumens @start, 1268 lumens @30 secs.

@RoyWalker: A XP G2 is a Cree Led type.

Cree has quite a number of Led dies, each with specific datasheets:

XM L2: Cree XM L2 datasheet

XP G2: Cree XP G2 datasheet

Cree die sizes

As you can see, the XML has - what - four times the surface of the XPG? (the surface of the led itself, on the die that is)

Grtz
Nico

So -will this throw about 500 meters and can it be ordered this way ?

Do you get the great white laser effect from the tight beam and high Candela?

@Robertkoa, suggest you look at:
UPDATED 23-01 Group Buy CPFItalia Cometa

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/37235

Best Regards,

George

What is the throw on that ?

In boost mode with that LED how far with a de- domed would you estimate the throw ?

This is what I hoped Cometa would be [ with your mod ].

How much do you think the Modder will charge me ?

If it’s great throw …I may have to buy 2 and let Modder keep one even…

Thanks.