Review: NITECORE SENS Series (Mini, CR, AA)

Lol I didn’t think I was that loud… Is it a discount code for intl-outdoor?

Below the description:

Please Choose:
Members of BLF/CPF/FONAREVKA/TLF special discount ( -$3.00 )

Great looking flashlight. And beautiful review as usual! Thanks very much. Frontpage’d and Sticky’d.

May I offer you some arsenic ? Nightshade ?

Scorpions in your paisley underwear ?

Nitecore seems to be the rising star among flashlight manufacturers.

In my humble opinion, their EZ AA series flashlights are among the best, if not the best, all around AA flashlight ever produced.

Their newest SENS series takes flashlights in another level in terms of innovation and technology. Their pricing strategy is very smart and aggressive at around $30 for this flashlight.

I recently purchased the Sens AA and i am really impressed with the flawless and easy operation. It eliminates the twisting of the head in changing modes.
A truly smart light and one of the shortest AA lights around!

Welcome to the gang, Xiotis!

Same happened to me!

What a welcome! Thanks RC, i feel like home!! :bigsmile:

For the record, Xiotis (Χιωτης) is a guy that is born in the Greek island of Xios or Chios. Like a guy from New York that maybe called New Yorker.

The guy above, Mr. Xiotis -the best ‘bouzouki’ player of the 50’s, maybe was named Xiotis but he was actually born in Thessaloniki, and not in Xios island! Rather oxymoron, no? :slight_smile:

Glad to be here, in this nice forum! I am a collector of flashlights, exclusively AA, AAA and D… got about 50 of them…surely we have alot to speak about!

Can we get a link for Intl-outdoors?
I’d like to purchase one too!!

there you go Mags

http://www.intl-outdoor.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=nitecore+sens&x=8&y=8

Thank you!

These little lights look cool. However would standing at the top of the stairs and shining it down to the bottom be beyond the UI’s ability to cope?

We're very glad to have you here, Chicken Drumstick!

Welcome to BLF! As for your q, not really since it'd be at roughly 45deg. angle so it should be in med mode or so which should still be plenty of light for that purpose.

Thanks for the review. I just received a SENS Mini from FastTech together with some CR2 batteries

I like the small form of the light. The O-ring makes it not easy for one-handed control. But I have not tried removing the O-Ring yet. The active-dimming of the light is cool. My first light with such feature!

What do you all use to charge your CR2 batteries? I find that all my chargers do not fit.

I wouldn’t remove the o-ring, which will take away it’s waterpoofing but apply some oil/silicone grease to lubricate it. Also, those are lifepo4 cells, they are 3.0v nominal rather than the normal 3.7v, you will need a specific charger.

This one has a 3.0v setting set by a switch in the base: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000578/1055602-ultrafire-30v-36v-cr123a-charger —but you would still need some magnets/spacers to fit cr2 cells into it.

Fatnastic review!!!May be the lights are also good, I never use Nirecore.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I have however managed to charge my CR2 in TrustFire TR-001 charger at 3.0V setting.

Ok, if you already have one with a 3.0v setting then that’s fine :slight_smile:

I think I did see a 3v ‘nano’ charger somewhere designed for CR2 sized cells but I can’t remember where.

Thanks for the great review sir!!! I really like the UI on these, it would be great to hear how the lights do in the long run.