Review: NITECORE SENS Series (Mini, CR, AA)

3 points. . .

1) you can over-ride the auto adjust UI by turning on the light while in a position other than pointing straight up. Hold the light level (parallel to the floor) and turn it on, and it will come on in high mode, and stay in high mode.

2) I attached a white card on a stick to my 2AA SENS so that the card was ~4 inches from the front of the flashlight. I turned it on and then slowly rotated the light. I tried this several times and by my eyes I was able to discern SIX distinct light levels. Not three. Tried this on both of my 2AA SENSs and got the same results. So while the instructions state that it adjusts low-med-high, I think the driver circuit has a more discrete set of adjustments.

3) I wish it had a low low mode (0.5-2 lumens). Obviously the driver is capable of it as it ramps up from a firefly mode when you first turn it on.

Overall I think it's a good $30 2AA light. I prefer the Fenix LD22, but I bought two of the 2AA SENS specifically for my girls (age 10 & 14). Kids have a bad habit of turning lights onto MAX and running through batteries in 10 minutes. So I thought that the auto adjust feature would be a good way of helping extend the battery life for the lights that my girls use.

Oh. . . The 2AA model is rather floody (which I like) and is another plus as a light for kids since it is less likely to sear someones eyeballs when they (inevitably) point it at someones face. . .

Love Nitecore P12,small but bright