Review request for HKJ [USB Power Devices]

Here’s a video of the YZXStudio MobilePowerPack:

It would be very cool if there’s a version with spring terminals again.
So everyone could use prefered cells.

The Li-Ion restrictions for cells integrated in electronics should be much lower?

I got this “charge adapter” today:

Sender name and declared amount do not match any of my orders.
Now there is some usb item I am not going to get, but I have no idea which one! :frowning:

Next question, do I buy a solder iron for these cheap tips or do I throw them out.

Luckily this kind of stuff do not happen very often.

5000 post giveaway perhaps. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any chance of reviewing the Tronsmart TS-WC3PC 3 Ports Quick Charge 2.0 42W Plug USB Charger on Banggood?

Rather rare to see 3 port wall chargers.

The problem with that is our postal rates.

I better not promise anything, I have about 25 usb chargers in queue.

Ahh, a UNIVERSAL adapter :wink:

I just checked that SKU, and I think it’s a BangGood order gone awry :

I do not have any outstanding banggood orders. Most likely it is ebay or aliexpress.

Maybe a dropshipper?

Maybe a gift from a secret admirer? :slight_smile:

That may be, but I do not know what it was supposed to be (I have too many orders).

Then that admirer do not know enough about me :slight_smile: , I have a tendency to get stuff a bit above “super economic” level, my preferred solder iron is Weller and have been for many years.

Just got my YZXStudio 8th gen power bank. Seems quite good, when I tested it with a single Sanyo NCR18650GA.

Compared to a Miller ML102 (v9) it manages to squeeze out 11 % more energy (10.2 vs. 9.2 Wh) before shutting down. All while supplying a rock solid 5,13 volts from the usb output. I stopped measuring the ML102 after the output had dropped to 4.5 volts. Usually I consider 4,75 volts as the lower limit as per usb charging specs.

I just wired it temporarily to a 18650 holder before having 4 18650GAs spot welded to form a 4P pack.

Where did you order the YZX power bank board from?

From taobao using mistertao agent. Their fees were reasonable. $4 comission + $4 international shipping added to the price of the power bank ($50). I ordered the board with 4 battery housing, that just isn’t in the picture. It also came with insulation for the batteries and some nickel strip.

Even though I requested they buy a version with English menus, mine is in Chinese. Google Translate app with live translation from the phone camera is awesome though :slight_smile:

Interesting product.

Max High Speed 6-ports USB Fast Charger HUB Adapter with LCD Display

http://www.dx.com/p/5v-6a-output-3-5a-6-ports-usb-fast-charger-hub-adapter-white-431312

I have already written a review of that, but it is not published yet :slight_smile:

Thanks. Can’t wait to read it. :smiley: :+1:

You should try and get a review sample of the Omnicharge. They have given out press samples. What makes this power bank special is its (stepped wave sine) AC output. There will be 120/220 V versions.

Looks interesting and the 6 cell version may be useful at mains voltage. My guess is about 40-50W for one hour at mains voltage.

I do not know where to ask for review copies, but if anybody knows them them, they are welcome to suggest me :wink:

I looked at their web site and I liked what they are trying to do.

I got a Lenmar chugplug on clearance for $13 a couple weeks back. It is kind of an MacBook specific take on the Omnicharge with its AC output designed to mate with the AC in “figure-8” of a magsafe power brick. I don’t think they sold very well.

I haven’t had a chance to do more with it than opening the box yet.