[Review] Sofirn SC13 || SST40, 1x18350 || Ultra compact light || Outdoor beamshots, Output measurements

The flashlight was sent to me by Sofirn for review.
Here’s the product link: Sofirn SC13 (non affiliate)

The Sofirn SC13 comes in a compact cardboard box.

Here’s the accessories included:

• Wrist lanyard.
  • Pocket clip.
  • 2 x replacement o-rings.
  • Sofirn branded 18350 cell (850 mAh).
  • USB Type C charging cable.
  • User manual.

The Sofirn SC13 comes with a black, matte anodisation.
It’s powered by a single 18350 cell and is operated via an e-switch.

The SC13 is very compact and its body resembles an hourglass shape.

The e-switch is located on the head of the flashlight.
An indicator LED is placed on the centre of the switch.
The e-switch will illuminate during turn on or while being plugged in to indicate the battery’s state.

Opposite to the e-switch, we find the charging interface of the flashlight, which makes use of rubber flap to keep moisture and dust outside.
A regular USB Type C port is being used for charging the flashlight.
While charging a fully depleted cell, I recored a maximum input current of 1.02A

A protruding bezel can be seen on the front of the flashlight which is used to protect the TIR lens of the light.

Looking at the front of the light, we see the TIR Lens along with a Luminus SST40 emitter.

The head and body are glued together.
Looking at the rear of the head, we can see that its driver is using a brass tab as the positive terminal.

On the rear of the light we find a flat tail, which allows it to tailstand.
Additionally, a hole is punched on the side of the tail to allow for the installation of a lanyard / keyring.

The tail of the flashlight houses a thick copper spring.

The rear threads come anodised, and are very cleanly cut and well lubricated.
The anodisation allows the user to mechanically lock out the flashlight via slightly untwisting the tailcap.

As already seen, the flashlight bundle also includes a pocket clip.
The pocket clip is attached on the head of the light.

Overall the pocket clip maintains a quite slim profile.
Here’s a side shot of the flashlight

Finally, the bundle also includes a Sofirn branded, 18350 cell with a rated capacity of 850mAh.
The cell is button top.

User Interface

The Sofirn SC13 comes with a simple UI that’s easy to memorise.
Here’s all of the supported actions:

Turn on/off: Single press.
Mode cycle: Long press (Low > Medium > High > Low > …).
Moonlight: Long press while off.
Turbo: Double press.
Strobe: Double press while on Turbo.
Lock / Unlock: Triples press. While locked, long pressing will result in momentary Moonlight mode.

Output
Here’s my output measurements using the include Sofirn branded 18350 cell.
The measurements were taken at turn on.

As we can see, the SC13 pushes more than 1200 lumen at startup while pulling 3.56A
Very impressive for such a compact light.
Mode spacing is very good.

Outdoor Beamshots
Here’s some outdoor beamshots of the Sofirn SC13

1 Thank

I bought this for $11. Absolutely love it. Cutest little thing and its a real flashlight with a removable battery.

Thumbs up to Sofirn.

Great review BTW.

How is the tint on this SST-40?

Pretty cool. Probably 6500k or thereabouts.

Was this a price from a while ago or a current price? I looked and didn’t see anything around that price

The deal was posted on BLF two weeks ago. Probably over now.

I found it. It’s still on sale. thanks

Yes, I picked on up too for the sale price… Ridiculously low price hooked me. I have carried it around for about a week now. I like it overall. The Eco mode is great for navigating the house at night. It get pretty bright for it’s size. Zeroair measured it at 5300 to 6200K from low to high levels. CRI is low DUV positive (0.0028). Not a tint snobs light. But I don’t find it too green.
But it is small and I like the 18350 cell. I have some higher capacity cells on their way. Rated at 1600 mAh, so that should give the little thing a nice runtime boost. Theoretically 2.5 hour+ at over 400 lumens (Guestimate from the numbers in the Zeroair review) Not fond of the side switch, too much fumbling to find it at times.

Overall I like it. Though it will not replace my TS10s for EDC. A bitt more bulky and the darn side switch…

Thanks for the review.